Need Help setting up my Traktor Pro 2 audio with Numark 4TRAK please respond!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Need Help setting up my Traktor Pro 2 audio with Numark 4TRAK please respond!

I've been trying to set up monitor cue through my Numark 4TRAK turntables for a while now and the only way I've been successful in doing so is by using a USB adapter for my headphones and ASIO4ALL audio setup in Traktor Pro 2; however, I hate ASIO4ALL because it freezes up on me anytime I have 2 audio devices open at the same time.

Here is a list of my technical specifications:

- Windows 7 Ultimate
    - 64bit operating system
    - Numark 4TRAK
    - Creative SB X-Fi
    - Logitech THX 2.1 channel speaker system
    - SHURE SRH840 headphones

I recently bought a 2RCA -> 3.5mm cable to try and run my audio for my master on my 4TRAK to my line-in on my computer but I can't figure out how to make that work in the audio setup of Traktor Pro 2. I'd rather not buy a mixer because I'm under the impression i can use my turntables as its own mixer. My current audio setup in Traktor Pro 2 without the monitor cue is as follows:

Audio Device: Creative ASIO
    Output Master L: Front L/R
    Output Master R: Front L/R
    Sample Rate: 44100hz

Another problem I've run into is broadcasting in Traktor Pro 2 through icecast. I managed to setup the broadcast site but when I mix there's no sound coming for the media player online. Anyone with any tips or solutions please respond so I can figure this out.

Thanks!

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Why aren't you just using the Built in Soundcard of the 4trak ?

http://www.numark.com/support/downloads/4trak

You shouldn't need to go near the creative soundcard whatsoever.
    Last edited by deevey; 12-18-2012 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sneal13 View Post
    Another problem I've run into is broadcasting in Traktor Pro 2 through icecast. I managed to setup the broadcast site but when I mix there's no sound coming for the media player online. Anyone with any tips or solutions please respond so I can figure this out.

Thanks!
    Do you have the broadcast icon selected. Did you copy the icecast broadcast information exactly right?

Tech Convert

i've tried switching my audio setup to 4TRAK USB Audio Device but it says it's not connected and it'll switch automatically to Creative ASIO.

Also I have made sure everything is correct on broadcasting for icecast, i'll try changing my password and see if that works. Also all ports for icecast are open on my router so that's not an issue.

Tech Convert

still having problems broadcasting even with password change. the broadcasting light stays lit it doesn't flash which means that the connection to the internet is good. the problem is that to the right of the broadcasting icon there's no sound going to the broadcast, just through my speakers.
    Last edited by sneal13; 12-18-2012 at 07:14 PM.

Tech Convert

fixed the problem for the broadcasting. My mix recorder was set to external i switched it to internal and the problem got fixed. Still looking for an answer to fix my problem with the monitor cue tho. Anyone with suggestions please reply!

fixed the problem for the broadcasting. My mix recorder was set to external i switched it to internal and the problem got fixed. Still looking for an answer to fix my problem with the monitor cue tho. Anyone with suggestions please reply!
    We have already answered your problem. You have to have it hooked up to your 4trak, not your comps sound device.

Did you download all the drivers and things for your 4trak? Its the only way you will be able to get your monitor cue to work.

It has to be 4TRAK USB Audio Device.

Tech Convert

So you're saying plug my turntables into my speakers? not the line-in input on my computer

Tech Convert

tried that I really thought it would work. The 4TRAK USB Audio Device now works when I select it in audio setup. Tried the monitor cue and that works too. My outputs are now:

Output Monitor L: Out 3
    Output Monitor R: Out 4
    Output Master L: Out 1
    Output Master R: Out 2

Unfortunately I have no sound coming from my speakers, which is extremely confusing.

Should that have worked for me?

tried that I really thought it would work. The 4TRAK USB Audio Device now works when I select it in audio setup. Tried the monitor cue and that works too. My outputs are now:

Output Monitor L: Out 3
    Output Monitor R: Out 4
    Output Master L: Out 1
    Output Master R: Out 2

Unfortunately I have no sound coming from my speakers, which is extremely confusing.

Should that have worked for me?

You have a controller for one.. But your routing looks right You should have usb in your computer attached to the controller. Then 2 rca's going from your controller to your amps aux in. You should have sound. Controllers are a really easy set up tbh. If you had 2 vinyl tables and a mixer you would be dealing with 4x the cords and stuff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast