DJ's Getting Kicked Off The Decks - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Pearce161 View Post
    Am I missing something in your meaning here? if its usually open format night to me that would suggest an eclectic crowd who are up for listening to lots of different stuff and therefore he should be able to play lots of different stuff without risking been booted
    Open Format means multiple genres concentrating heavily on the Top 40 Charts. Disco, 80's, Hip-Hop, EDM, etc. The open format crowd is open-minded for genres, but they like to hear stuff they recognize. If you are a good DJ you can throw in some new stuff and make it work. It used to be called DJing.

Open Format does NOT mean beat juggling obscure drum and bass and getting kicked out the booth.

>

Tech Guru

If I was in the crowd and the DJ I went there to see got kicked off I would be asking for my money back straight away. If not get a few mates together and smash the place up. PS I am english btw so its to be expected. my local club had to get rid of the smoke machines cuz bouncers kept getting beat up when they went off and the cameras couldnt see

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by tombruton69 View Post
    If I was in the crowd and the DJ I went there to see got kicked off I would be asking for my money back straight away. If not get a few mates together and smash the place up. PS I am english btw so its to be expected. my local club had to get rid of the smoke machines cuz bouncers kept getting beat up when they went off and the cameras couldnt see
    Reading this, I still can't figure out what caused the London Riots...

On topic: This is an American thing I guess. I can't imagine it happening in Europe, because our clubbing culture is very different. Only if the dj is drunk or really screwing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    Reading this, I still can't figure out what caused the London Riots...

On topic: This is an American thing I guess. I can't imagine it happening in Europe, because our clubbing culture is very different. Only if the dj is drunk or really screwing up.
    Even in America it's a pretty recent development, never used to be this way.
    Facebook : Soundcloud : Beatport DJ : Twitter DJ
    My Show: Sunday Nights 00:00 - 02:00 GMT (7pm -9pm EST) on Fokus FM Radio
    My Setup

I think it's funny that the VIP douches are dictating the music. In better days of past, the dancefloor would dictate the music.
    The VIP took over the dancefloor and the music became shit. I told people to boycott this and no one listened.
    All of these DJ's kept selling their soul for the ca$h. Now the beast has risen from the depths to collect it's debt.
    Check out this parody PSA I recorded for my friends podcast back in 2006:
    http://soundowl.com/track/4rwu/john-...or-dnaradiocom

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by tombruton69 View Post
    PS I am english btw so its to be expected.
    Well its not

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by KS2 View Post
    Well its not
    Yes it is expected. Green Street Hooligan, the football factory, they are situated in Engeland for a reason.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    Yes it is expected. Green Street Hooligan, the football factory, they are situated in Engeland for a reason.
    Sarcasm?

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by KS2 View Post
    Sarcasm?
    Irony would be a better description I guess.

Tech Mentor

FUCK YOU PAY ME. Move on to the next gig.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast