DJ's Getting Kicked Off The Decks - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by tombruton69 View Post
    If I was in the crowd and the DJ I went there to see got kicked off I would be asking for my money back straight away. If not get a few mates together and smash the place up. PS I am english btw so its to be expected. my local club had to get rid of the smoke machines cuz bouncers kept getting beat up when they went off and the cameras couldnt see
    I don't think it is "to be expected". I live in Glasgow. Apparently the violent crime capital of the fucking universe or some such bullshit & I can't imagine that happening in any half decent club round here.

To be fair, there's no way a well known DJ (ie, someone that people have bought tickets specifically to hear) would ever get kicked off the decks here unless they were clearly wasted & completely train-wrecking mixes. They would never get booted for playing the wrong type of music. The promoters would be more than aware of who they are booking. They wouldn't book a trance DJ for a techno night etc, or a a guy like DJ Shadow for a pop-hungry crowd.

Edit - That open-format thing is pretty deceiving btw. I read that as "You can play anything" not "Keep it kind of poppy".

http://djshadow.com/news/mansion-nig...logy-dj-shadow

As for shadow getting kicked off the decks.

Tech Wizard

Promoter did NOT do his job. The club did what they had to do, but they're fuckin retarded for continually not selling their main event. They're paying for a headliner and advertising a normal night. At least that's what it comes off as.
    2012 15" Macbook Pro i7/8gb/750gb :: 2 Tech 1210s + Dicers :: Traktor Kontrol Z2 :: DJM400 :: Traktor Pro 2.6 :: Serato Scratch Live + Serato Video

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123