Ableton S2 help

Thread: Ableton S2 help

Default Ableton S2 help

Hey DJTT, I got about $500 dollars for christmas and so I am in a huge debate on if I should get the Traktor kontrol S2 or Ableton live. I have Ableton Intro but there are many limits to what I can do. But also I two TT200 by numarks and a NDX-400 and a x6 mixer with an Audio 4 interface. So I can use my stuff for Djing and I can sorta produce at the moment... I But I also only have Traktor Scratch Pro...not Pro 2. So i also have a lot of limit on traktor. I really want to get into controllerism as well as scratching but I really dont know if I should persue my DJ hobby and get an S2 or My producing hobby and pump out better tracks? Please help.

Supporting the companies that make your favorite software is always a good thing. Then again, this is the internet (wink wink). If you do a little searching, you may be able to find a really good "discount" on your software.

But this doesn't really answer my question... I just want to know Ableton or S2 whats better worth getting?
    Quote Originally Posted by Darioleus View Post
    Supporting the companies that make your favorite software is always a good thing. Then again, this is the internet (wink wink). If you do a little searching, you may be able to find a really good "discount" on your software.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Descendent View Post
    But this doesn't really answer my question... I just want to know Ableton or S2 whats better worth getting?
    This is all opinion man. Neither one is the definite choice for every individual. You are really the only one who can answer this. If you think your producing is alright at the moment, get the s2.

Quote Originally Posted by Darioleus View Post
    Then again, this is the internet (wink wink). If you do a little searching, you may be able to find a really good "discount" on your software.
    Nope.

Descendant, what do YOU want to do? What if half of us say get an S2 and the other half says Ableton? In 6 months, what do you see yourself using still?
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.