What kind of soundcard for X1&F1

Default What kind of soundcard for X1&F1

I play mostly with my S2 and F1, works like a charm but i've bein asked to do some sets abroad and i want to be able to travel light.
    Thats why i'm thinking about getting an X1.
    My question is, what kind of soundcard do i need to be able to use the X1 and F1 with a mixer?

With the Audio2 i can plug the X1 into any mixer and have deck A and B, i know that, but since im using deck C&D with my F1, doesnt that meen i need a soundcard with 4 channels?

i just want to travel with the X1, F1, laptop and a soundcard and be able to hook it up to any (external/analog) mixer and have A&B as trackdecks for the X1 and have C&D as remix decks for the F1.

http://images-ec.native-instruments....png?1348834561

like this, but with a soundcard so i can use ANY mixer?

-B

I use Traktor when I'm DJ'ing and use a similar setup minus the F1

Mixer <RCA cables> Soundcard (Audio 8) <USB> Laptop
    Laptop <USB> X1

Thats' how I set mine up and it works perfectly. Wouldn't that suffice? But just by adding another controller (F1)?
    Last edited by SquireC; 12-20-2012 at 08:04 AM.
    http://soundcloud.com/squirec Mixes mainly containing funky/disco/chicago/swing house. Although, there's always room for a little something different.
    Equipment: 15" Macbook Pro (Mid 2012), Traktor Pro 2, Traktor Kontrol X1, Pioneer CDJ 1000 Mk2 x 2, Pioneer DJM 700, Sennheiser HD25 Mk2 headphones.

NI Audio 10
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Audio 8. Then you won't need the external power source. Not to experienced with it but deffinatly look into it
    Macbook 13" 4 gb ram, traktor pro 2.6, kontrol x1, Kontrol z2, kontrol f1, midi fighter spectra, midi fighter 3d,
    Text, let's talk about edm or mixing! 831-801-1774

How about a xone k2 instead of x1, sound card plus transport controls and mix internally in traktor.
    It's not the gear. It's how you use it.
    limitations are the source of creativity.
    If you don't practice you don't want it.

http://soundcloud.com/zimfella

X1 and F1 plugged into your laptop, NI audio 2 to cue your tracks and output audio to your speakers. I don't see why that won't work. All mixing will be done internally, so no need for an extra mixer.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    X1 and F1 plugged into your laptop, NI audio 2 to cue your tracks and output audio to your speakers. I don't see why that won't work. All mixing will be done internally, so no need for an extra mixer.
    +1 keep it simple!!!!!!
    MBP 13' 256 SSD 8Gb RAM. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.8 | MF Classic | NI Audio 2 | NI Audio 10 | CDJ1000MK3 (2) | Technics 1200MKII (4) | A&H Xone 92 (UK) | NI Kontrol F1 | Ipad 4 | Korg Kaoss Pad Mini | Ableton Live Suite.