Is there a way to DJ with an ipod using an external controller..yet?
    Tech Mentor

Default Is there a way to DJ with an ipod using an external controller..yet?

Hey guys/gals random question,

I want to move away from a laptop at some point and use an ipad as my "laptop" that way I can place my ipad right next to me and not look like an apple billboard while I DJ. I've seen videos of Traktor being used on an ipad but Ive never seen it with an outboard controller. Is there a way to technically do this?

Tech Wizard

Wouldn't using an ipad be like using a macbook in terms of looking like a billboard? If your laptop works how you want it and performs as it should does it really matter what label is on it?

I'm no expert but I can't say I've seen anything like a controller like you could use with your laptop. Most times it seems like the design is to use the ipads as controllers and then a mixer of some kind.
    Last edited by jackattack4; 12-23-2012 at 01:10 AM.

I think djay allows your to use controllers with the camera connection kit, http://www.algoriddim.com/hardware There are some controllers that are pretty much a dock allowing you to bypass the need for the camera kit.

I never bothered to set up the spin with the software as traktor is way better at setting grids, allowing you to properly adjust grids when they are wrong, and generally worked better.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

With DJ player app you can use any Midi device and Class Compliant soundcard for monitor/cue with an iPad/iphone/ipod

If you want something a lil more plug and play, Numarks iDJ pro and the Vestax Spin 2 would fit the bill and also keep the unit charged.

didnt know about spin 2... decent

not that id get one, but nice that u can just just use an ipad
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    didnt know about spin 2... decent

not that id get one, but nice that u can just just use an ipad
    Dunno about decent, even in the videos the chassis looks like its flexing alot when buttons are being pushed, but it is pretty cool that you can just use an iPad - first wave of ipad controllers is upon us, roll on round 2

Tech Mentor

You could use the Pioneer XDJ Aero for spinning the tunes, and the rekordbox app on ipad to store the tunes and load them to their respective deck.

Is that what your talking about?

Technics 1210 mk2's, Pioneer CDJ 500, Allen & Heath DB4, NI F1's (x2), Reloop Contour Controller Edition, Sennheiser HD25 1-II or Allen & Heath XD2-53's depending on my mood...

Mixcloud : xs2man - Latest Mix: Latest Mix 13-10-2016