Automatic ID3-Tags / Cover Art from Beatport
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Automatic ID3-Tags / Cover Art from Beatport (or other resoruce)

Hey,

I've got some questions about tagging music.

Till now I tag my mp3-files per hand, this takes much time but I get what I want.

I tag following things: ARTIST, TITLE, MIXARTIST (Remixer), ALBUM, CATALOG #, PUBLISHER (Label), YEAR (just YYYY), GENRE , COMMENT (e.g. "bad quality" or whatever) + COVER.

The most important thing for me is a program that searches for the Cover Art and adds it for every track automatically into the ID3-Tags!

For Cover Art the resource (Beatport, Discogs, Juno, ...) is not important, but for tagging I would really prefer Beatport.

If there is a program that autoamtically adds all tags from Beatport, that would be awesome. But just Cover Art would be fine too.

What are your tips? How do you make it?

Thanks in advance,
    JM
    Last edited by Julius Meinl; 12-24-2012 at 10:18 AM.

Tech Mentor

Use Trainspotter. It's a bit sketchy at times but if you get used to it it's invaluable. You can tag from google images, beatport, or discogs. Make sure you disable the tags you don't want it to write (I disable beatport key and comment for example)

I don't use Traktor...

Tech Mentor

You might be able to still use Trainspotter if you just manually add the files in or something rather than using the Traktor collection. You could also just get Traktor somehow, import everything in in order to use TSpotter

Where are you getting all your music that it's coming down untagged?

Tech Mentor

All the tunes I have bought recently have come untagged from Beatport. PITA...
    Technics 1210 mk2's, Pioneer CDJ 500, Allen & Heath DB4, NI F1's (x2), Reloop Contour Controller Edition, Sennheiser HD25 1-II or Allen & Heath XD2-53's depending on my mood...

Mixcloud : xs2man - Latest Mix: Latest Mix 13-10-2016

Quote Originally Posted by xs2man View Post
    All the tunes I have bought recently have come untagged from Beatport. PITA...
    Seriously? Damn. You should contact them. Are you buying wav files? Or are MP3/AIFFs coming down that way?

They could probably give you redownloads with tags... they've done that for me before when i had a whole batch of music come down corrupted. Everything I've got from them for the past 6-7 years has been tagged and the most recent four years or so they've all had album art as well (except for wav files)

Tech Mentor

mp3's.

I have just been tagging them myself, so no big deal. They usually have the artwork right enough, and I guess they are tagged somewhere, but they dont show up in explorer.
    Technics 1210 mk2's, Pioneer CDJ 500, Allen & Heath DB4, NI F1's (x2), Reloop Contour Controller Edition, Sennheiser HD25 1-II or Allen & Heath XD2-53's depending on my mood...

Mixcloud : xs2man - Latest Mix: Latest Mix 13-10-2016

MusicBee has an excellent auto-tagging feature. It splits tags into the following 3 categories and allows you to select the following sources: -

Lyrics

LYRDB
    ChartLyrics.com
    LyricsDB
    LyricsWiki.com

Artwork

Last.FM
    CoverArtArchive
    Discogs
    Google.com
    Beatport
    Fanart.com

Regular tag info

MusicBrainz
    freeDB
    Discogs
    Beatport
    Last.FM

For each category, you can check off which of the sources you want to use and you can change the priority. For example, for album art, you could set Beatport as the sole source to use and if no art is found there, it would be left blank. Or you could use Beatport as the number 1 source and Last.FM as the number 2, then it will look to see if album art is available at Beatport first. If not, it will then look at Last.FM and if none is found there either, it will be left blank. You get the idea.

It's by far the best music manager/player I've ever used.

MusicBee sounds good, I'll try that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast