5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Option 1

2 40.00%
  • Option 2

3 60.00%
  • Option 3

0 0%

Default Wedding Sound System advice needed please

So I wanted to ask your advice I don’t have my own sound and I am doing a friend’s wedding about 130 people.
    I have to borrow sound from friends here is my choices

Option1
    (2) JBL PRX612M 2-Way Powered PA Speaker, no subs (2) Ultimate Support Tall, Leveling-Leg Speaker Stand, (3) Chauvet COLORstrip DMX LED Linear Wash Light, Chauvet COLORstrip Foot Controller, (4) Martin Professional Mania SCX-500 Scanner, Odyssey 10' Lighting Truss System, Fog Machine

Option 2
    (4) EV SXa 250 powered speakers, (2) EV 218 Sub speakers w/crossover – EQ and power, Mackie 1202 mixer (or your DJ system/ mixer), Shure sm58 wireless mic- stand- and cable. Speaker poles and stands. (8) Par 38 lights, stands and controllers.

Option 3
    2 JBL PRX 525 no subs no lighting

Which would you choose I never heard any and want a good sound performance and the lighting is cool as well It’s a younger crowd and some older of course the couple is 21/ 22 yrs of age all sorts of music including house, club dubstep will be played

Quote Originally Posted by ZooYork View Post
    So I wanted to ask your advice I don’t have my own sound and I am doing a friend’s wedding about 130 people.
    I have to borrow sound from friends here is my choices

Option1
    (2) JBL PRX612M 2-Way Powered PA Speaker, no subs (2) Ultimate Support Tall, Leveling-Leg Speaker Stand, (3) Chauvet COLORstrip DMX LED Linear Wash Light, Chauvet COLORstrip Foot Controller, (4) Martin Professional Mania SCX-500 Scanner, Odyssey 10' Lighting Truss System, Fog Machine

Option 2
    (4) EV SXa 250 powered speakers, (2) EV 218 Sub speakers w/crossover – EQ and power, Mackie 1202 mixer (or your DJ system/ mixer), Shure sm58 wireless mic- stand- and cable. Speaker poles and stands. (8) Par 38 lights, stands and controllers.

Option 3
    2 JBL PRX 525 no subs no lighting

Which would you choose I never heard any and want a good sound performance and the lighting is cool as well It’s a younger crowd and some older of course the couple is 21/ 22 yrs of age all sorts of music including house, club dubstep will be played
    Option 1 has more flashyness then good sound. Option 3 just sucks. sooo Option 2.

the mixer on option 2 isn't for you to mix with lmao. Its to help level the sounds going out of your tables and amp

Tech Mentor

Option 1 with 1 of the EV 218s added

Tech Mentor

ummm. my advice and i will keep it real. It's a wedding. It's a very special day for your friend and his girl. Do not cheap skate them out. Give them a show they will remember. My advice if you can borrow the system. As a gift go rent a good light show with Wash Lights, Uplighting, A decent mega floor fog as their first dance. Keep it clean looking with some Skrim King Table cover and Tripod Covers. As a DJ you actually do a lot for a wedding. Get with their wedding planner if they have one or with the couple and see what you can provide to accentuate the feel of the wedding. I personally would not step in this territory because I would feel to much pressure to try to make the night memorable for the couple. That's why I stick to underground events. I wish you luck.

I'll leave you with a couple links to research on a good wedding show.

BTW Congrats to your buddy and his girl.

Lights from #1, Sound from #2.

You're gonna need a wireless mic no matter what for toasts and announcements. Also keep in mind you may need a second sound system for the ceremony, or be able to move one quickly. There's a reason wedding guys make the big bucks, it's a lot of work! Best of luck!

Intoxicated /adj./ When you feel sophisticated without being able to pronounce it.

facebook.com/DJJakeLake
    jakelake.info

I tend to work a few weddings, but we keep it somewhat high end. You want a GOOD mic like that Sure 58. Cheaper wireless mics tend to cut out and wreak havoc with feedback issues from everything I've heard. Definitely want a sub too. Really, a wedding is NOT the place to skimp out, as your friends are aiming to make this an event they only do one time in their life. This is the setup we had for our last one.

PS - equipment we used for this...
    2 x qsc HPR 122i
    2 x qsc KW18
    1 Shure PGX24 UHF Handheld Wireless Mic System with SM58
    1 wired shure sm58
    3 x technics 1200
    2 x rane TTM 56
    American DJ Dura Truss
    2 x Chauvet q-spot 260 moving heads
    4 x Chauvet color rail wash lights
    10 x American DJ tri 7 for uplights
    3 x macbook pros running serato and TSP and Showxpress for lighting w/xpress 512
    1 x blizzard wiccicle
    and what felt like a billion cords.

Agree with the others, but would also add that if you're looking to play modern electronic music to a young crowd, you're going to want at least one sub.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES