Best mixer for CDJ/non-software/non-scratching setup?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    jonham

Default Best mixer for CDJ/non-software/non-scratching setup?

Opinions?

Tech Mentor

Ecler NUO series if on budget.

Tech Guru

Prob ones w/ built in FX, DJM2000/900 or Xone DB4/DB2

Cdj2000 + djm2000 ?

Tech Mentor

Depends on the budget.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg5OH View Post
    Kinda sounds like a big hiss then boom boom wacka wacka boom

Prob DB4 but its all preference.

Tech Mentor

xone 92

The 92 is a fantastic mixer, but as a standalone with CDJ's, he's definitely going to struggle in the FX area. I also doubt he's going to be using all six channels. It's much better suited to a Traktor/Ableton DJ who are going to be using the software delays/reverbs, or running the Send/Return channels to an additional effects box.

If you're looking for a multitude of amazing Delays/Reverbs, and subtle effects, the DB2 and DB4 will be your god.

If you're looking for more instant gratification/in your face effects, you might be better suited to the DJM 900 or 2000
    Traktor Pro 2 | DB2 | 2x X1 | Macbook Air | HDJ1500 | KRK RP6G2 | KRK 12s | Crane Stand Pro

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by rjc View Post
    The 92 is a fantastic mixer, but as a standalone with CDJ's, he's definitely going to struggle in the FX area. I also doubt he's going to be using all six channels. It's much better suited to a Traktor/Ableton DJ who are going to be using the software delays/reverbs, or running the Send/Return channels to an additional effects box.
    i'm sorry but i have to disagree with you.
    most of the clubs i frequently visit have a xone 92 as their club mixer and i have seen some really great sets with just the xone and 2 cdjs...
    but still, the db2 or 4 might be a better choice for standalone using with cdjs, so yeah, +1 for that
    also, most pioneer fx sound a bit cheesy, i'm not a really big fan...

Quote Originally Posted by Volpe View Post
    i'm sorry but i have to disagree with you.
    most of the clubs i frequently visit have a xone 92 as their club mixer and i have seen some really great sets with just the xone and 2 cdjs...
    but still, the db2 or 4 might be a better choice for standalone using with cdjs, so yeah, +1 for that
    also, most pioneer fx sound a bit cheesy, i'm not a really big fan...
    Don't get me wrong, as I said, it's an absolutely fantastic mixer, with some of the best filters. And effects choice is definitely an afterthought when it comes to great sets. I just feel that by buying the 92, that he/she would be spending that extra money on control over the two return channels that they probably wouldn't use. The DB2 and 92 are in a very very similar price-range, makes more sense to me to move sideways.

That also being said, I also agree about the Pioneer FX being a bit cheesy, but I've seen pretty rad sets with them too =P.
    Traktor Pro 2 | DB2 | 2x X1 | Macbook Air | HDJ1500 | KRK RP6G2 | KRK 12s | Crane Stand Pro

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast