Traktor help plz!
    Tech Convert

Default Traktor help plz!

Hey everyone
    I am having a hard time trying to determine which version of traktor I would need to use along with my cdj's. do I need Traktor Scratch or just the regular Traktor Pro version? Can't tell by the description on native instrument's website. Do I need time coded CDs? Help lol

Which CDJs do you have?

Fuck sake...
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Tech Convert

Pioneer 850's. I would assume you can just plug them in like any other midi controller and get going with regular Traktor Pro.. but just wanted to make sure.

And I see that "fuck sake" in there ^

Suck my balls..
    Last edited by Maxy; 12-25-2012 at 11:23 PM.

Tech Guru

Scratch Pro/ timecode cd's

Pioneer 850's you can use without timecode, just plug and play like midi controllers.

That being said, they aren't Advanced HID supported, instead they work over Midi. The jogwheel response can be considered less than ideal... that being said midi is more than good enough if you're just doing simple beat-matching, but if you're scratching you might want to look towards Timecode Scratch Pro.
    Traktor Pro 2 | DB2 | 2x X1 | Macbook Air | HDJ1500 | KRK RP6G2 | KRK 12s | Crane Stand Pro

Tech Guru

in Midi mode they're almost unusable, not worth using them in Traktor in Midi Mode

Tech Convert

So some people think they work fine in midi and others think they suck in midi.

Is Traktor even worth all this trouble? I just wanted to use it more or less for effects, organization, and the general knowledge of how to use the program. Then again, I aready use Ableton for FX racks and stuff like that.

I used to have 850s, used them with SSL and tried them with traktor. In serato they work perfectly and in traktor they're useless. It's down to the difference between HID and midi as the other posters said. Put simply, I'd rather use any controller that costs as much as or less than one 850 with traktor, but I'd happily use them with SSL over HID.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES