mackie thumps a good buy?
    Tech Mentor

Default mackie thumps a good buy?

Hey all im looking to upgrade my 2 little numark nmp5 monitors to a larger louder speaker so that i can start doing house parties. Looking to buy a loud powered speak locally and wondering if the Mackie Thump series is a good choice? How well built are they, can they take a bit of over driving the amplified, how loud are they, etc?

Hell yeah dude. For the price nothing beats them. Ive got 3, but only ever use 2 at a time. I bought them second hand for a real good deal (3 for $300 w/ wires and stands) and never had an issue with them. They can take a beating and they're loud as hell. Plus they sound really crisp compared to cheaper PA's. They Thump
    13" Mbp i7 | TMA-1 | Tech 1200's | RANE TTM-57 | NI Audio 4 | Kontrol S4 | F1 | KrK Rokit 5s

Tech Wizard

I went out and bought a Behringer b212d ($300 or so) and you can say what you want about Behringer but ive put that thing through hell and back on my broke-ass student budget and it wont quit. Thumps are supposed to be better than the b212's so I would imagine they're a good investment although ive heard they can sound muddy.

Please use the search option on this forum.

There's been quite some threads on Mackie Thumps. Closing this one.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --