Traktor 2 not loading in Windows 7 - PLEASE HELP

Default Traktor 2 not loading in Windows 7 - PLEASE HELP

Hi everyone,

Okay so I am having problems with loading Traktor on start up on my laptop.

I have had the LE version for about 6 months, and loading it has been no probs. Couple of weeks ago, for no reason it is now taking a long time to start up after clicking on the desktop - and I mean anything between 10 minutes to a couple of hours!!!!! At 1st I thought there were problems with my laptop - ran several disk clean up and system restore etc - didn't work.

Everything seems to be loading fine - apart from Traktor AND iTunes....

I got the PRO upgrade yesterday too - and want to install this, but worried the same is just going to happen.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

You might try to clear the prefetch cache, that can cause programs to load slowly.

http://www.coolbuster.net/2009/08/em...windows-7.html

Just followed that link and as soon as I had deleted all the prefetch files Traktor suddenly opened!!!

Going to clean and and restart and hopefully all will be sorted.

Thanks mate!

Okay so after restart I am still facing the same issues..

Funny how Traktor opened immediately after deleting pf files.. pure coincidence maybe?

any other suggestions?

Cheers

Reinstall. Just back up your collection first (google "back up traktor settings" and "back up traktor collection"). From what I remember of windows, these are located in your "My Documents/Native Instruments/Traktor" folder by default. You can reinstall/update from Service Center which should take care of everything except backing up for you.

The Traktor uninstall is pretty much a joke as it doesn't uninstall many of the components. The only way to fully uninstall Traktor means hitting up the registry.

Generally if an application takes ages to load it can often be looking for something that isn't there or it can't get to.

You could turn the prefetch windows service off (disable). That might stop the lag but it won't tell you why you are having the issue and it could affect other apps. You might try stopping the prefetch service and seeing if Traktor loads any quicker before you decide to disable it.

Have you moved any files around that Traktor needs? Is anything located on a network? Have you made any changes to your network settings? You could disable all of those and see if that impacts the load time too.
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.