Tricks like Ean's "Freeze" - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Heh, if that is the case, then there is something seriously missing .. like an indicator what the internal sorting will be .. but i always went with the assumption that the order is random.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Quote Originally Posted by lsmith View Post
    Heh, if that is the case, then there is something seriously missing .. like an indicator what the internal sorting will be .. but i always went with the assumption that the order is random.
    Right on - there definitely needs to be a number list for the order of execution - then again the damn window needs to be bigger too as that would be just another column we have to fit into that pissy small mapping window.

Edit: Free midi for anyone who uncovers the mystery ! (yes a whopping 7 bits of data !)

Tech Convert

@ Tekki

This was not about Ean's Freeze trick, it was a request for more neat things with effects possible in Traktor, using Ean's recent post as an example, the other guys thread was about getting the mapping for a super knob to work. Now its apparently a discussion about what the forums are lacking... anyone have any tips/tricks/techniques with effects ?

This thread is wierd it all of a sudden goes from talking about reccomended trcisk to sorting a list ??

What list ?

Sort it out
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

for any who are interested ill post my remapped VCI-100SE patch for a midi keyboard, which ive added some of my own fx combos to as well as a few other bits and pieces,

it has to be said, it was only going through eans original patch i really began to appreciated the power of t scratch pro and what you can do with it!

and i started this thread when i couldnt get the super knob mapping quite right, it seems to have to been renamed and have a slightly different purpose know, but still all good,
    Last edited by etch; 08-11-2009 at 07:12 AM.
    woof

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by soerensus View Post
    Do you have the oxygen 8? if so u have to be sure that the channel is the same on the keybord and in the mapping section. I've made the knob on my oxygen and it works fine.

You have to map 7 things to the knob:

fx panel mode
    effect select
    effect on
    dry/wet advanced
    effect param 1
    effect param 2
    effect param 3

the effect param have to be set on o.600 , 0.500 and 0.500

Hope it was helpfull

Søren
    Would someone be able to give me an idiots guide to the freeze effect mapping mentioned above as I am struggling to get it to work like in Ean's video.

Thanks

Here is a picture guide:

fx panel mode (found in global):

effect select (found in fx advanced):

effect on (found in fx advanced)

dry/wet advanced (found in fx advanced)

effect param 1 (found in fx advanced)

effect param 2 (found in fx advanced)

continued in next post...
    13"MBP - VCI-100B - M-audio oxygen 8 - Maschine - Midi Fighter[DEAD] - Audio2Dj - KRK RP8

effect param 3 (found in fx advanced)

effeckt button 1 (found in fx advanced)

Just copy the settings and you have a delay freeze device. Write if you have any problems with the guide.
    13"MBP - VCI-100B - M-audio oxygen 8 - Maschine - Midi Fighter[DEAD] - Audio2Dj - KRK RP8

Tech Student

wow. Thanks. Had no problems setting up. Starting to get sucked into the world of midi mapping...i can feel it!

soerensus,

that helped out a lot man. visual guides like that should be used more haha

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast