Tricks like Ean's "Freeze"
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Eans 'Freeze Trick' or how do i make super knobs work?

Hi all,

another query in my mapping quest,

Basically, the super knob is not working!

ive mapped all the functions i thought were necessary to load a delay into an advanced effect in unit 1
    (units 1 + 2 as chained effects is my default live setup) but when i turn the assigned knob, nothing happens!?

*super knob all working!*

thank you!
    Last edited by etch; 08-11-2009 at 06:18 AM.
    woof

Do you have the oxygen 8? if so u have to be sure that the channel is the same on the keybord and in the mapping section. I've made the knob on my oxygen and it works fine.

You have to map 7 things to the knob:

fx panel mode
    effect select
    effect on
    dry/wet advanced
    effect param 1
    effect param 2
    effect param 3

the effect param have to be set on o.600 , 0.500 and 0.500

Hope it was helpfull

Søren
    13"MBP - VCI-100B - M-audio oxygen 8 - Maschine - Midi Fighter[DEAD] - Audio2Dj - KRK RP8

its a edirol pcr-30, channels and cc numbers are both matching,

ok kl, think i may just not have mapped all the attributes i needed to,

thanks! will try it and get back to you when it works,
    woof

Tech Convert

Default Tricks like Ean's "Freeze"

When I saw Ean's Freeze Trick tutorial I realized how much I didn't know about effect tricks like this. I searched the forums and wasn't able to find anything else similar (feel free to link if there is and I missed it .

Basically I've realized that I know nothing about using the effects of traktor and would like to learn. Besides tinkering around myself I figured this would be the best place to start. One technique thing that stands out in my mind is from Guetta's live performance at Love Parade 2008, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1_I9emKM6I around 1:10-1:50 he does something that I personally really like, but I'm not sure at all how to go about it in Traktor lol

Things like these little techniques are awesome in my eyes (or ears :P) and I would like to learn more, so any help from you guys would be really appreciated be it link to tutorials, or personal little effect tips and techniques.
    Thanks a lot DJTT crew

Tech Guru

i think a dedicated section for tricks (just tricks, not tips) would be really cool. i always enjoy the posts that show unusual ways of using Traktor, it's one of the more intriguing things about controllerism as it's such a new medium with users making new discoveries and innovations with it all the time.

Tech Mentor

in response to that video...

turn snap off, hit loop in then loop out really quickly.
    the rest of it is just playing with the filter knob
    to get back into the main tune, have a cue point set and ready at the next vocal entrance, then use a hotcue button to jump there

Not too tricky

A personal favorite of mine is using the beatmasher on a chained fx to record a drum loop, then set the amount to slightly less than 50 - it retriggers the loop in a latin style 3+3+2. Or use gater+beatmasher to record some scratching on top of one track, then cut that track out for 4 beats while the sampled scratch plays and then slam in a new track on top (which automatically syncs).

Tech Convert

Thanks n2hf1st I'll be trying that out later tonight, hopefully I'll be able to do something similar.

Interesting idea with the beatmasher, thanks

Keep them coming

Tech Wizard

I like to do something similar to Ean's freeze effect, but it's more a kind of gater/glitch effect.
    use the delay t3 in advanced mode. set first two parameters to half, and the rate to either 11 o clock or 1 o clock, and make sure freeze is on. turn it on for a bar or two and turn it off on the beat.
    Macbook 2.4ghz dual core 2GB, Traktor Pro2, Kontrol S4

www.thenewtoronto.ca
    www.facebook.com/futurebassface

Tech Wizard

I think a an effects thread would be an extremely helpful thing to have. There are a lot of basic effects that are easy to do on a DJM that would be nice to replicate within traktor (or at least I think there they are easy effect tricks, I have never used one). For instance I am still working on working on turning a single button into a gated loop that acts more like a controllable synthesizer.

I think a video or a sound clip to demonstrate each effect would also be helpful.

I second a tricks section!
    I used to link music in my signature but nowadays I don't.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast