NEW SONG electro house by 16 year old:)

Default NEW SONG electro house by 16 year old:)

I would love some feedback, looking to get it signed to a label also.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by padi_04; 12-31-2012 at 04:52 PM.
    Traktor Kontrol S2 :: Midi Fighter Classic :: Akai APC40 :: 17" Acer
    Check out our new "D.O.D - What Time?" Remix! : http://snd.sc/1bvF1xf

Tech Mentor

I listened to your song on my macbook speakers. Here's my feedback, mostly written while listening.

- I was tired of the initial drum patterns right when you started the first roll. Throughout I felt the drum programming and sound was somewhat stiff, if occasionally jacking. I feel this style of music calls for more drum edits throughout.

- I found the progressive melody very cliche and didn't like the generic sounding epic lead synth.

- I found the "hooo!" sample unpleasantly introed and then over-used. I think it was also too loud. There were some cases where the "hoo" edits sounded pretty cool, especially just before the last transition to the bass synth.

- Of all the instruments I liked the bass synth the most.

- I didn't like the plonky lead synth at the last breakdown either. Again, generic sounding.

- The overall progression of instruments was also generic and lacking in subtlety. I felt that instruments were being switched without being introed or outroed. I thought that some of the builds were ok but most transitions left me underwhelmed. The overall structure was DJable, including a short and signaling-to-the-DJ-that-the-track-is-ending outro. The outro could have been twice as long to facilitate easier mix out.

Thanks for posting, and keep at it!
    !!! AWESOMER !!!
    Remixes, DJ Mixes, Awesomeness @
    http://soundcloud.com/awesomer
    Chat With Us In (Unofficial) DJTT IRC @
    irc://irc.rizon.net/djtt

It sounds similar to some 2008 electro. But work on drum fills and just making your song have more energy.