problems with traktors cue and auto-loop (or is it the way the soft works?)
    Tech Wizard

Default problems with traktors cue and auto-loop (or is it the way the soft works?)

I'm currently trying to map traktor for my needs on a mixtrack pro and I need some help

CUE vs HOT CUE
    There is a difference in traktor vs serato dj intro that I really don't like...
    If I hit an hotcue(permanent Cue point) in traktor, it will move my temporary cue point tho that hotcue point so hitting the CUE button won't bring me back to the beginning of the song where I originally set my CUE POINT
    Serato Cue button is totally independant from the hotcues
    Is there any option somewhere I don't know that can give me this kind of function: hotcue won't affect temporary CUE point or something?

EDIT I did find a way to map the auto-loop to work as I want...still need info regarding CUE points
    AUTOLOOP
    In traktor I'd like a function that goes like that...can increase the beats or decrease and start the autoloop on whatever number of beats I want but, while triggering the auto-loop to off the beat setting come back to let say 4 beats.

I'm able to program it to work as you set it like you want and you go out of the loop but the beat setting remains where it was.
    Or the other way...it sets the loop to 4 each time you enter or exit the loop...that way you can't start with anything else than 4 beats for example.

THANKS for your help!!!
    Last edited by thj17; 01-08-2013 at 07:21 PM. Reason: found a way to map the auto-loop to work as I wanted

Tech Wizard

bump...need to know about the CUE point vs hot cue

Im having trouble with mapping hot cue buttons aswell. When I map my button as a hotcue it just creates a bunch of different hot cues. It doesnt store the one I want or re play it back

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by thj17 View Post
    I'm able to program it to work as you set it like you want and you go out of the loop but the beat setting remains where it was.
    Or the other way...it sets the loop to 4 each time you enter or exit the loop...that way you can't start with anything else than 4 beats for example.
    You want to make a button that sets it to 4 as soon as you start the loop? Just make the button "set loop size: 4" and then make that same button activate the loop

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

bump...need to know about the CUE point vs hot cue
    Traktor will always move cue marker to hotcue point.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    thanks for the reply....

would be nice in a future update if they give us the choice...
    that's annoying when you do an hotcue trick with the upcoming song and you have to either move the crossfader or the channel fader down and press the hotcue1 to bring back the temporary cue point to the begginning of the song...

THANKS

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

thanks for the reply....

would be nice in a future update if they give us the choice...
    that's annoying when you do an hotcue trick with the upcoming song and you have to either move the crossfader or the channel fader down and press the hotcue1 to bring back the temporary cue point to the begginning of the song...

THANKS
    Personally I never use 'Cue' since all my tracks are set in hotcues because I like to have all major points in track marked - beginning as well... As you like to have option to jump back to track start, you can add 'Seek Position' command and set it to button/direct/value 0.000 - map it to Cue button but to be access via shift function.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    This is so annoying, I wish they'd change it.
    2 x CDJ 850 | Kontrol S4 | A&H Xone XD-53's | A&H Xone K2 | Kontrol X1 | Kontrol F1 | DJM 900nxs