Are you frigin kidding me? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by keeb View Post
    Real DJs mix while they drive instead of having software do it for them.
    COSIGN!!!! hell the radio in my car has EQ and a FADER

This is where it's heading. Sorry, but club owners can save a lot of money using these over DJ's. Once the algorithms have improved on itunes genius type playlisting actions, why should the majority of bars, clubs, and lounges waste money on local DJ's when a piece of software will do basic mixing when the majority of patrons really don't know the difference anyhow. I'd like to think the majority of people can, but lets be honest... we have a billion and one talentless celebridee-jays getting gigs, and tons of large artists not even mixing and being paid top shelf wages. The typical club patron and music consumer is happy with drek. If they weren't, people like Guetta, Beiber, and Carly Rae Jepson wouldn't be the most popular, and popular is what drives money.

Quote Originally Posted by sobi View Post
    This is where it's heading. Sorry, but club owners can save a lot of money using these over DJ's. Once the algorithms have improved on itunes genius type playlisting actions, why should the majority of bars, clubs, and lounges waste money on local DJ's when a piece of software will do basic mixing when the majority of patrons really don't know the difference anyhow. I'd like to think the majority of people can, but lets be honest... we have a billion and one talentless celebridee-jays getting gigs, and tons of large artists not even mixing and being paid top shelf wages. The typical club patron and music consumer is happy with drek. If they weren't, people like Guetta, Beiber, and Carly Rae Jepson wouldn't be the most popular, and popular is what drives money.
    Did you even watch the video on how bad the mix in was? Guetta is the only person u mentioned that is even a producer/dj? LOL

The average bad club could get away with that but until I hear a good mixin from an auto program, djs will have there spot to shine.

Pretty sure there was a thread about this like a year ago, this is old news and isn't even part of pioneer dj division and is not aimed at djs.

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Pretty sure there was a thread about this like a year ago, this is old news and isn't even part of pioneer dj division and is not aimed at djs.
    Why would they ever aim this at DJs? This is a "DJ replacement".

This could also be the next phase of sync hahaha, it syncs your songs together and mixes it for you! Available in Traktor 4 or Pioneer CDJ 2500 Nexus.

Quote Originally Posted by keeb View Post
    Real DJs mix while they drive instead of having software do it for them.
    Words of wisdom over here.
    Traktor Kontrol S2 :: Midi Fighter Classic :: Akai APC40 :: 17" Acer
    Check out our new "D.O.D - What Time?" Remix! : http://snd.sc/1bvF1xf

Quote Originally Posted by sobi View Post
    because there is something about the experience of seeing a dj do his/her thing live whether or not you like them or their drek. most djs have at least a small built in fan base that they can bring along which adds some business. i can't really imagine patrons commenting on how awesome ComputerProgram237888774 was at mixing tunes together last night. unless they actually have a physical robot body. dancing ceylon djs? yes please.

plus, this can already be done with pre recorded sets on cd, a phone, or a laptop...it is already that way in bars and lounges everywhere. i see iphones running pandora through a mixer channel when places don't have any djs slotted. so anyone who doesn't care about seeing a dj probably won't care about the difference of a cd playing or software making choices while "mixing." the people who do care probably won't be attending.
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfuzion View Post
    I quit.

http://www.mixtrax-global.com/en/index.html

Fuck you Pioneer. FUCK YOU.
    No...fuck you man, for posting the same tired subject which was discussed over a year ago.

Please, for the sake of yourself and your children's children, think before you believe you have something to say. This is OLD news, for everything you hold dear in your life, be it your job, your djing, the way you can cook, the way you make love to your partner...there is ALWAYS something which can do it too. And better.

Welcome to life.
    13" Macbook Pro i7/8gb/750gb :: Traktor S4 + F1 + Pro 2 :: Allen & Heath DB4 :: Allen & Heath K2 :: Midi Fighter Classic :: Midi Fighter Pro (BM) :: Midi Fighter 3D :: Pioneer RMX1000 :: DJM800 :: 2 xCDJ1000mk3 :: Beats Pro + Beats Studio

Quote Originally Posted by keithace View Post
    Tell that to Garry Kasparov...
    LOL (like a real one too)
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast