Sound Card Question! Audio 6 or Audio 10
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Sound Card Question! Audio 6 or Audio 10

Ive got a Behringer 6 Channel mixer and need to purchase an audio interface to mix/cue at the same time. Is the Audio 6 going to be enough for just the 4 channels on the mixer? i dont use a mic.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

You can only get 3 stereo channels out of the A6, if using 4 is imperative then buy a A8 or A10.

Hey mate, unless you plan on mixing 4 decks externally the audio 6 would suit you. (3 decks external)
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

^ what Krosis up there said
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

The lines on the back of my mixer are RCA so does that limit me to only RCA 4in/4out sound cards? kinda confused because i bought the mixer with the intention of it being built in, turns out i cna't use 3 decks or cue anything.

you plug the rca outputs from the soundcard into a channel strip on the mixer. for example with the audio 6, you can use 3 channel strips on the mixer. you set the mixing mode in the software to external and you use the mixer itself to do your eqing, monitoring etc. with an audio 8 you can use 4 and audio 10 you can use 5 and so on.

here you can see we have 2 chanels used for cdj's and 2 channels from my audio 6 routed into the mixer. the sky is the limit how you want to go really

Okay got it. So if i got the Audio 8 or Audio 10 i would just need 1/4" to RCA cables to run into my mixer, since my line/phone inputs on the mixer are RCAand the input/output on the interface are 1/4"?

Nope, RCA's are fine. Its just the speaker outputs from the mixer you may need adaptors for. I see on the 606 you can either use XLR cables or TRS. Depending on what speakers you have using a TRS>RCA adaptor may be the way to go, XLR's are for PA systems.

I see the Audio 8 has all RCA connectors so it would work perfect. I'm going to run my speakers from the "mix 2 out" into a basic surround sound system, just a 1/4" to RCA on that one.

My main question is, would buying the Audio 8 and all cables/adapters needed allow me to fully utilize all my hardware? As far as cueing, using EQ's on each mixer deck/traktor deck separately instead of through just the one, and record it all? Or am i going to miss out on recording?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast