How did your NYE gig's go ?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default How did your NYE gig's go ?

mine was god awful.

I had one and ended up with a beer-soiled monitor and cables getting ripped out of my gear. :L
    Mah hard: S2, Mikro, F1, 13.3" MBP. Mah soft: Traktor, Maschine, Kontakt, Massive.

Mine went flawlessly but it was in my loft so it should've.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

I dunno if it counts, but I got thrown in the deep end for work, and had to do lighting OP for a rock/pop concert =P. Most lighting experience I've had is in small theatres, and this was for a crowd of a few thousand in a park (I think it hit 15k at one stage). Different kind of gig, but still fun.
    Traktor Pro 2 | DB2 | 2x X1 | Macbook Air | HDJ1500 | KRK RP6G2 | KRK 12s | Crane Stand Pro

Nothing like gaining experience through a "trial by fire". The best, most accelerated way to learn.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

The people at my gig were so drunk they screamed "yeah dubstep!" when I played some funk for them for shits and giggles. Lovely crowd, just wanted them further away from my table with all their damn champagne.
    Just press play.

I had a great set last night , started a tad early because people were eager for music , so began playing at around 9:30 and finished sometime around 2 to let some other DJ finish off the night.

The only thing I can see that went wrong was a girl who kept coming into my booth asking for "Thrift Shop" by Macklemore every fifteen minutes.
    Traktor Kontrol S2 :: Midi Fighter Classic :: Akai APC40 :: 17" Acer
    Check out our new "D.O.D - What Time?" Remix! : http://snd.sc/1bvF1xf

Quote Originally Posted by SwedeDreams View Post
    I had a great set last night , started a tad early because people were eager for music , so began playing at around 9:30 and finished sometime around 2 to let some other DJ finish off the night.

The only thing I can see that went wrong was a girl who kept coming into my booth asking for "Thrift Shop" by Macklemore every fifteen minutes.
    I mean did you ever play it? That song gets the hands down biggest hype over here still.. Especially on nye.

Quote Originally Posted by SwedeDreams View Post

OMFG ROFL!!! Same here man... some chick came out asking for that Thrift shop song for like 30 min... i was like i don't have it she said i got it on my iphone... i told her i didnt have the cable then i droped Chuckie and Jermain dupree mashup and the place went nuts

I played from 11:30pm-3am. There was a live rock band that played from 9:30 to 10:30 then another dj went on before me and started spinning drum and bass and dubstep.... well sadly he got his set cut short and i went on not my decision... all and all it's all about preparing. The more you play out the better you are at reading crowds. The right song at the right time will always outperform a technically perfect set. but it dont hurt to do both :P

started at 9 finished at 5 in the morning. people coming into the kioth when i was drunk touching my stuff cause they used to "dj in the club 20 years ago". got fed up by 1 and couldn't give a shit after that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast