Strange Problems with eans mapping
    Tech Wizard

Default Strange Problems with eans mapping

hey guys

got my vestax 100 (1.2 fw ) & traktor pro few days ago, and now playing with eans mapping
    without layer but with the help of the walkthrough ( order the layer and fw stuff later) and got some strange problems

shift+up/down for crate browsing doesnt work

the loop button doesnīt drop looppoints, instead it activates/deactivates the "key lock feature" (this tiny note on the side) it also doesnt stay lit if i push it....and this buttons beside the loopbutton for looplengh in eans video also doesn nothing ( maybe beacause there is no loop )

also few other buttons doesnt stay lit like in eans walkthrough

sometimes: even if i have "2d int. mixer"...i press load a/b and it loads c or d ( but i think thats a beginners fail not hardware)
    sometimes: the 2 main volume deck controllers between the wheels doesnt move if i move them on vestax even data send blinks... then i move them a little bit with my mouse and traktor starts reactin then on moving them on vestax.....

isnt this strange?

thank you guys for the great forum, i was lurking here for a while now
    you brought me to digital djing

hey

Though i'm pretty new to all this too i think your problem is maybe that you haven't updated to the 1.3 firmware.

From what I understand this custom firmware that Ean has developed changes the midi messages that certain buttons send, including changing some buttons to send multiple messages, and all off these changes then match up to the midi settings file he provides. So i think if you dont have the two together then that may be where the problem is.

k

Sounds like you have the wrong TSI file to me - make sure you grab the latest off the midi mappings tab on the top of this webpage

Tech Wizard

i used VCI-100SE_1_4_20.tsi

so itīs 1.4 ??

....and this TSI on the top is 2_3? i thought itīs beta so i took the other one (1_4)....but where is 2_2-"nonbeta" then? quite confusing

i think its not because of 1.2FW, would be unknown new bugs then

You want this one, its the latest stable version:
    http://www.djtechtools.com/wp-conten...100SE-2_32.zip

Tech Wizard

yee
    big thanks
    that version sound like a beta to me because of the betalist invitation directly above....
    ok much better now!
    have a new strange bug thou.... my right wheel doesnt want to get red properly no matter how hard i push... the left one reacts immediatly....
    sometimes i get the red if i push very hard with the right one but not everytime i push hard that works

and even if i get red it doesnt spin the track all the time i turn the wheel.... but only for some secs
    u think its broken guys?
    Last edited by deefdeef; 08-09-2009 at 02:55 PM.

I am pretty sure you will have some bugs with the tsi's until you upgrade to firmware 1.3.
    [Macbook 2.2ghz core 2, 4gb ram, 500gb 7200 Seagate Momentus HD, Western Digital 500gb external HD, Lion 10.7.2, Kontrol S4, Midi Fighter #67, Pioneer HDJ-2000, Traktor Pro 2

I am having issues with 2_3 as well, my juggle/transport buttons are always different colors no matter the juggle knobs position. It is important to note that I am on traktor beta 1.2 (this could be the problem), my filter knobs are also never true, and have become all the way around knobs..
    Last edited by neworleansTECH; 08-09-2009 at 10:12 PM.

Tech Wizard

ok, i tweaked a bit the touch sensor level on the back auf the vestax and now it works fine... cind of strange why the right wheel needs higher sensor level, but nevermind ;-)