Is it possible to connect a 5.1 multimedia speaker system to a Hercules Rmx?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Is it possible to connect a 5.1 multimedia speaker system to a Hercules Rmx?

I have been thinking about getting some new speakers as I don't think my PC system will connect via the sound card on my Hercules Rmx but I thought I would ask on here first unless there is a way.

Here is a photo of the back of the sub unit.

IMG_0272.JPG (2).jpg

I am fairly confident there is no way to connect these other than via 5.1 PC sound card but let me know of any ideas?
    SoundCloud
    #PLUR #TranceFamily

This absolutely CAN be done. I have done this myself.

You just need some y-splitters. Split your L + R into TWO L's and 2 R's, connect one L + R to FRONT, and one L + R to CENTRE, and you'll get a stereo pair of speakers + centre/sub.

You can even split each L + R into THREE, and have 2 stereo pairs of speakers + centre/sub.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

I'm a bit confused by your reply and I forgot to add that the output speakers will only work if there is an input through that channel so in this case I need 3 inputs from my Rmx sound card to get sound out of the other channels if this makes sense?

Only problem is my Rmx only has 2 RCA outputs (1+2 & 3+4) but my headphones used 3+4 which leaves me with just 1+2 or one RCA output...
    SoundCloud
    #PLUR #TranceFamily

I get what you mean now I think - so I have a L+R plugged into the 1+2 output on my Rmx controller which you then split into 2 L's and 2 R's which I could then use for the front L+R and the centre/sub L+R? And if I wanted to use all speakers I could split the front L+R again for another pair for the rear L+R?

Could all this splitter business cause any damage to the equipment at all? And would there be any sound quality/volume issues at all by doing this too?
    SoundCloud
    #PLUR #TranceFamily

Can anyone else shed any light on this for me?

I have also found these cables on eBay and these too.

Not sure where else to look for splitters but I'm hoping these will sound okay...
    SoundCloud
    #PLUR #TranceFamily

Excuse my very poor diagram in paint but I figure this is how the cabling would look?

Also where would you fit the third splitter for the 2 rear speakers?

speakersys.jpg
    SoundCloud
    #PLUR #TranceFamily

Hey you've got the right idea in your diagram. Now if you had a real receiver you could just hook up your mixer via DVD input and the sound would come out of all the speakers even the rear ones
    Last edited by spadenation; 01-02-2013 at 12:44 PM.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by spadenation View Post
    Hey you've got the right idea in your diagram. Now if you had a real receiver you could just hook up your mixer via DVD input and the sound would come out of all the speakers even the rear ones
    And you would probably get a delay of 100ms+ Due to the DSP with alot of modern receivers which makes quite alot of them rather useless for DJ'ing

You could probably split the speaker outputs as well BTW
    Last edited by deevey; 01-02-2013 at 01:10 PM.

Thanks for your reply spadenation. What do you mean by real receiver? Also do you think you could split off another pair in the diagram I have posted?

Do you know if this would affect the sound quality too?
    SoundCloud
    #PLUR #TranceFamily

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

He means a "real" hi-fi 5.1 system not just a computer 5.1 system.

It would probably be an upgrade in sound and more expensive. And might have the drawbacks of severe delay between your computer and speakers rendering it useless for DJ'ing as I mentioned above.

If you were to go down that route you'd be better off with a set of Proper Monitors for DJ'ing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast