VCI-100 problem

Thread: VCI-100 problem

Default VCI-100 problem

Hey all, long time lurker, first time poster.

was wondering if anyone could give me a had with a problem i've been having with my jog wheels on my VCI-100. They've recently become very loose and easy to spin. This causes the jogwheel to turn slightly at parties during heavy bass songs which of course messes with my beatmatching. Its not a dealbreaker and is simple to work around but its something which i wouldnt mind fixed.

I've tried opening the 100 and tightening the screws on the bottom of the VCI, however this didnt solve anything. Am i right in assuming that the deciding factor on the jog wheels spin is the friction between the disc that the screws are holding in and the jogwheels spoke?

Does anyone have any suggestions for me in this circumstance? any help would be much appreciated.

There is a thread somewhere about opening the VCI up and adjusting the plastic grips underneath the jogs, but it sounds like you've done that. Have you also adjusted the sensitivity dials on the back of the unit ?

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

The only way to stop this is to put your VCI on a piece of foam to isolate it from the vibrations

yes i already have adjusted the jogwheel sensity on the back of the vci.
    whats about opening the vci? can you post a link to this thread, i couln't find it

Quote Originally Posted by midifidler
    The only way to stop this is to put your VCI on a piece of foam to isolate it from the vibrations
    Good suggestion, cant believe i hadn't thought of that yet, simple yet elegant. I'll give it a go next gig. Thanks for the help.

Thats also been mentioned in another thread, but if your wheels are actually too loose (or too stiff), this is the article you need :-

http://www.djtechtools.com/2008/01/0...-on-a-vci-100/

Quote Originally Posted by midifidler View Post
    well it sounds logic to me, but i thought that this problems occurs because of the heavy pressure form the bass or something like that and not (only) because of the vibration?!
    have you already tried it with a piece of foam??
    Last edited by small3r; 08-08-2009 at 05:48 AM.