Do i need a external sound card to my setup?

Default Do i need a external sound card to my setup?

I'm new to dj and I just purchased my first controller and a modular controller. I got myself the N1 S2 and X1 AND F1 do I need a external soundcard to run all of this?

if you have the s2 that has a soundcard built in, so no, you don't need and external one. just plug them all in via usb and setup appropriately per the instructions/manual.
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

What made you purchase this set up? I'm confused as to how you don't know the answer to this question. Did you research your choice of set up before hand? Or was the set up a gift from someone else? Surely if you paid money for this yourself and researched what to buy then this would have thrown up the answer that you are looking for?

As already stated the answer is no. I just really don't understand how you needed to ask this question!
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Tech Wizard

well i first want to say welcome to the world of Djing and as they said no you dont need a soundcard nice choices tho for your first setup

Tech Mentor

Hello,

There's actually no interest for you to have an external sound card for the moment because with this setup you can already controll all the features of Traktor, maybe a second F1 but... to begin it's completely useless, focus on the S2 before doing something with X1 and F1 is my advice.

you´ve just spent 900 bugs and don´t know if you need a sound cart or not? either you have way to much money or you´re in there for the wrong reasons. if i spent so much money i´d wanted to know what i get for it...
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Paris View Post
    you´ve just spent 900 bugs and don´t know if you need a sound cart or not? either you have way to much money or you´re in there for the wrong reasons. if i spent so much money i´d wanted to know what i get for it...
    My thoughts exactly!! Im confused by this thread!
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox