BCD3000 oposed to VCI-100
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default BCD3000 oposed to VCI-100

Hey everyone!

I bet this question has been asked and answered a million times, but here it goes...
    I've been looking at VDJing for some time, and I want to start experimenting with it.
    From what I read here, the consensus as far as controllers go seems to be the VCI-100, which I "can" buy here (Portugal) for about 370€.
    On the other hand there's the BCD3000, which I (really) can buy, for some 180€.
    My question is if I choose the BCD3000, will I be missing out much?
    Thanks in advance for any help.

BCD3000 = cheap and plastic. you will kane it in no time and have to upgrade to a vci-100 later.

spend a bit more now and get a tool that is fully customizable and has a community of people (djtt) who post free mappings etc.

once you feel and touch the vc1-100 you know it's a solid bit of kit. the BCD3000 is featherweight.

mx1
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Wizard

It depends on your budget.

BCD has a sound card built in.

With a VCI you need to purchase a soundcard which will cost at least around the price of a BCD.

Djmaxone is right about you wanting to upgrade to a vci later. This depends though if you actually get into djing. If you want to try djing out and your a beginner a BCD is good because you also get a sound card.

I have used both BCD and VCI and if your not going to do the upgrades on this site then the capabilities of the two are not so different. The main feature that makes the VCI stand over the BCD without the firmware upgrade are the jog wheels.

So basically if your just starting out and your not quite sure where your gonna go a BCD might be a better idea. If you want to scratch and stuff forget about a BCD... lol

I think the BCD is a great value for what it can do and what you get. The VCI is a good value too but like I said depends on your financial situation because you will also need to pick up a sound card.
    Electro House

[Podcast] Adrian P : Bangin' On Ya System

Subscribe!

Tech Convert

For the soundcard, I have an X-Fi Elite Pro on my desktop, which would be fine, since I would be "DJing" in my home. Is this soundcard good for this?
    As for the budget, I could buy the VCI-100, but I'm not sure how the whole experience will go.

Hey, I am an active Bcd3000 user and I would reccomend you go with the Vci-100. I've been djing for about a year now and am already looking to upgrade to a vci-100. You need to know quite a bit about computers to make the bcd 3000 work properly. I've had numerous technical problems which took me ages to fix.

So go with the vci 100 and you'll save in the long term!

But... if you decide to go with the bcd-3000 I could help you with any problem you run across since I've ran across almost all of them :P
    Just send me a pm
    Setup: Kontrol S2, Komplete Audio 6, Maschine Mikro Akai LPD 8, Akai Mpk49, Traktor 2, Ableton Suite 8.
    http://soundcloud.com/miishmash

Tech Wizard

If you have a BCD and you use Mac it will work flawlessly. I too have problems in windows with my bcd (sound card freezes).

When I am in Mac everything works perfect and setting it up with TSP takes 2 seconds.
    Electro House

[Podcast] Adrian P : Bangin' On Ya System

Subscribe!

i use bcd and vdj. atm there are no LED´s supported and the mic-in doesnt work in vdj. other than that its a reliable piece to work with. The soundcards quality is decent too, i know its useable for the club. I think Ed Paris rocks the club with it.
    Samsung R780, Novation Launchpad
    NI AUDIODJ 2, DJTECH IMIX RELOAD, BEHRINGER BCD 3000, KORG NANOPAD
    VESTAX VMC002XL, NUMARK DM3000X, NUMARK TT200
    NI TRAKTOR DUO, VIRTUAL DJ 7 PRO FULL

Quote Originally Posted by greatmesk View Post
    i use bcd and vdj. atm there are no LED´s supported and the mic-in doesnt work in vdj. other than that its a reliable piece to work with. The soundcards quality is decent too, i know its useable for the club. I think Ed Paris rocks the club with it.
    Does VDJ not work with any LED's?
    LamboxMusic.com
    Newest release: A Pimp's Overture in B-Flat Minor
    Check out my free "Robo Rhythm" EP: Here

Soundcloud - Facebook - Twitter

Tech Convert

I guess the VCI-100 is the way to go then. One final question. Is the Creative X-Fi Elite Pro a good soundcard to use with it?

yes it does. well with ver 5 anyway. not sure about 6 - edit: to Lambox

Tip: if you are going to use the BCD3000 with VDJ, go to their site and download the alternative mapper for it. it works a hell of a lot better than the original mapping and gives you much more flexibility
    fart.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast