In need of help with first setup

Default In need of help with first setup

Hey hows it going guys, I'm a beginer Dj from Australia and was wondering about some information for my first setup!

My budget is quite tight, but I thought I'd ask a community that would know a fair bit before going out on ebay haha.

Anyways I have been looking at a Numark Mixtrack for my first controller, reviews tell me it is quite a sturdy controller good for beginners, but with the difference between the mixtract and the mixtrack pro being the inbuilt soundcard I just wanted to know how this all works, If I just get the mixtrack, do I have to buy an external soundcard? and where does the sound card plug into?

another question I have is do I have to use an amp with my controller with the speakers? and the speakers I look at buying, do they need to be a certain plug for the mixtrack pro.

Sorry for the noobish questions but this is seriously the first time I have looked into audio hardware

any help would be muchly appreciated!

Cheers, Hogeybear

Tech Wizard

The mixtrack is ok for beginners as my first piece of equipment was the numark mixdeck but if your serious about djing you will out grow it pretty fast in my honest opinion. If you do buy a mixtrack yes you will need some form of external soundcard. the way this works is the soundcard plugs in via usb and the speakers plug into the soundcard. If you buy the mixtrack pro then you wont need a soundcard because its already built in. i hope this helps you out a bit.

VyZ

Quote Originally Posted by vyzion View Post
    The mixtrack is ok for beginners as my first piece of equipment was the numark mixdeck but if your serious about djing you will out grow it pretty fast in my honest opinion. If you do buy a mixtrack yes you will need some form of external soundcard. the way this works is the soundcard plugs in via usb and the speakers plug into the soundcard. If you buy the mixtrack pro then you wont need a soundcard because its already built in. i hope this helps you out a bit.

VyZ
    well what else would you reccomend for a beginner, my budget is quite tight and the mixtrack is the cheapest so that is why I leant towards that option, and yes, that helped a lot thankyou.

Quote Originally Posted by DjHogeyBear View Post
    well what else would you reccomend for a beginner, my budget is quite tight and the mixtrack is the cheapest so that is why I leant towards that option, and yes, that helped a lot thankyou.
    Behringer's BCD3000. I guess that much people won't like this but it's a controller that may be of your use on the future also.
    Art, Design & Code
    www.sendoushi.com

+1 on the BCD if you are on a budget. That was my first controller
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Even with those I think that money-wise and future-proof-wise (what? :P) I would go with BCD. Still... some more weeks aren't that long to wait!
    Art, Design & Code
    www.sendoushi.com

I like the look of that controller, but it looks very sophisticated for a first controller? But I geuss with practice ill learn the different features, any idea how much it will be Australian currency??

Thanks for the help guys

Quote Originally Posted by sendoushi View Post
    Even with those I think that money-wise and future-proof-wise (what? :P) I would go with BCD. Still... some more weeks aren't that long to wait!
    The Studio-4A is a standard 2/4 deck controller with EQ and effects section!! What kind of future proofing does it really need? 10 years from now the majority of DJ's will still be mixing 2 or 3 tracks at a time with some simple EQing to help it blend. Seems pretty future proof to me as it is.
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox