The Psychedelic Thread - Page 3
Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5KAvacoZFg

Speaking of Lords of Acid, this song made me want to listen to electronic music almost exclusively
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

praga khan, holy shit lol
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Right.......Psychedelic.....Trance....Goa....Psy.

I was there for the transition from Goa to Psytrance.

Was damn beautiful!

Goa sucked IMHO but the Psy was so wicked compared!

It all started for me when I got my first killer track. The one i would drop to fill the floor in the middle of my set. Was Hux Flux - Idiot.

Then when I got my CDJ's and I started buying CD's (Distance to Goa, GoaHead etc) the one that made the change was Distance to Goa - 8 (Double CD).

It had the first Psytrance tracks i knew on it!

Wizzy Noise.....Space Cat..........

Then we got to know TSUYOSHI SUZUKI!

HOT DAMN that guy used to rock the joint down here.

I had just started DJing when i saw him the first time. Thats what nailed it for me....i DEF wanted to do what he was doing behind the decks!

This was in about '95!!

I was schooled and first started playing things like Absolum, Skazi, GMS, Dark Soho (DARK SOOOHOOOOO!!!!), Talamasca, Nomad.

HEHEHEHEH.....we used to loose out minds to that shit!

Fun in the sun....chicks in bikini tops....was a good time indeed here in Cape Town!

This whole scene ran in parallel to our whole house\clubbing scene.

We used to have the RAVES....the warehouse parties.

They were cool and all.....but the Psytrance Outdoor parties seemed for nasty and dirty and crazy!

Coming from a farm.....I felt right at home there.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

All those dudes are still around which is cool! distance to goa was a wicked comp eh very ahead of its time Huxxxxxxxxxxxfluuuuuuuxxxxx! Do ya like a bit of the dirty scandy stuf man?
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Its not like it was back in the day....

You used to have to know the guy at the Record Store....and when the new stock would arrive and you would have your pickings according to the pecking order.

LOL

These days....when the CD's available to DJ's...its available to the world.

So if you get it straight from the producer....it helps.

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"

Nothing like that exclusive track that nobody else has eh. Man its so easy these days to get tracks, with digital etc. We know some old hippies that literally played a record ONCE then threw it away. Idiots haha

Thats another thing.....

Psy has the shortest shelf life I have seen on any music.

Literally 3 months....and the tracks is old and done.

Whereas I have the opposite problem. I'm stuck in a club playing the same god damn song for 5 years and at this point I tell people to get out of my booth if they still want to dance to that crap.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    Whereas I have the opposite problem. I'm stuck in a club playing the same god damn song for 5 years and at this point I tell people to get out of my booth if they still want to dance to that crap.
    Ouch!

I personally will NOT play a track if i hear someone else play it. Regardless if its on a night that i am playing or not.

Thats just me!

Then again.....i have older trax.....that KILL.....but no one ever plays em here.

I like that....it does not become old too quickly and I can find other tracks that work well with it!

Dude, the amount of times people have come up to me saying "Dude, totally play that VNV track" and I say "This is that VNV track" or something along those lines...

I have that older stuff that kills too, that no one plays, but that's not the concern. The music has a psycle (see what I did there ) but it just takes a lot longer for some kinds to get cool again, and others I just hope they never do.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast