Hi, im thinking on buying a maschine.
    Tech Convert

Default Hi, im thinking on buying a maschine.

Hi, as the title says, im thinking on buying a maschine. Which one should i buy?? the normal MK2, or the mikro?? and if anyone could specify if their are any important differences i would appreciate it.
    Thanx

To make it short:
    Want to use it for live purposes --> take the full version (all encoders to control plugins and parameters and dedicated blue buttons for the groups A-H)
    Want to use it only for music production in the studio? --> go with Maschine Mikro
    The NI trio - Traktor Kontrol S4 - Maschine - Komplete - and some more gear...

or see if you can get a mk1 for about the same price or less than the mikro mk2.

the only difference seems to be mostly cosmetic: the pretty lights, various color faceplates, a slightly different knob situation, and apparently slightly better pads. not sure how much better as i've never tried the mk2 but the original is awesome!
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

Tech Convert

I thought that the Mikro would be better for live performance as it is smaller and easier to carry.
    [QUOTE]or see if you can get a mk1 for about the same price or less than the mikro mk2./QUOTE]
    it's a good idea... however as im saving up i don't mind waiting for a bit more and spending more money on the MK2. (the colour pads look really cool!!) and i've tried out the mk2 and it feels so good..

Quote Originally Posted by Rayckaki View Post
    I thought that the Mikro would be better for live performance as it is smaller and easier to carry.
    If you just intend to use it as a standard midi controller (e.g. with Traktor or Ableton...) you can go with the Mikro and will benefit from its smaller size and lighter weigt.
    But if you really want to use it as "Maschine" with Maschine software you will certainly miss the extra blue group buttons and the eight encoders and will limit your live performance possibilities.
    The NI trio - Traktor Kontrol S4 - Maschine - Komplete - and some more gear...

Tech Convert

then i think i'll go for the maschine, no the mikro. Thanks for everything