iTunes (?) keeps corrupting my MP3s?!

Default iTunes (?) keeps corrupting my MP3s?!

AUGHHH!!

For some reason, some tracks that I've played/adjusted/looked at in iTunes get corrupted. When I play them all I hear is "grrrlip!" (like a tape rewinding super fast), it says it's 00:00 long and jumps to the next tune.

I can open some of the files in Winamp but there it says the song is 18 minutes long (though it plays the regular 4 minutes). wtf?
    I used to link music in my signature but nowadays I don't.

had you listened to them previously anywhere? were they fine?
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

Yeah, some of the tracks I've had for a long time and they worked fine in Winamp before I made the switch to iTunes. I dunno if it's some sort of glitch with Traktor/iTunes tag writing but all my files are ID3 v2.4 or whatever's the latest in iTunes so that's not the problem...

No one? I'm scared of touching my computer now that tracks get corrupted seemingly at random

No sorry,

wish i could help more but been using iTunes and Traktor for a few weeks now and never had a problem.

Sounds like its time to back up all your music to an external drive before anything else happens to it, and then maybe try wiping and reinstalling your software.

kev

Sorry to say dude, it sounds like your hard drive is about to expire. I'd the same problem around last Christmas. I'd load the tracks into a deck, and it would make the 'scrub' sound and the track length wouldn't show. Back up everything NOW because any time I loaded a track it would corrupt that file and hard drive sector. Ended up losing about a third of my collection.
    17" MacBook Pro, 2.66 GHz i7, 4GB RAM; Vestax VCI-100, NI Audio Kontrol 1/ MBox Mini, M-Audio Oxygen 8, Beyerdynamic DT-150 cans; Pro Tools LE 8, Ableton Live 8, Logic Studio 9, Traktor Pro

Yeah, could be a hard drive issue.
    Open a command prompt and run chkdsk c: /r (or whatever drive letter your music is on), reboot if it tells you to, and let it scan for bad sectors. It'll take a while.

Shit, yeah, hard drive... sounds logical, but that would suck since I haven't even had this disk for one year yet. I really need to get my hands on some backup solutions...

Thanks for the tips guys, will give it a go

Yeah.. I build computers, so I've seen hard drives last 10 years and I've seen em die after a week. Luck of the draw :/