Thoughts on Numark m2 mixer?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Thoughts on Numark m2 mixer?

I just purchased the numark m2 mixer. Does any of you have experience with this mixer? Can you name off some of the pro's and cons of it. I did some research and it has 4 out of 5 stars for rating. Can't seem to find any good videos of people mixing with it on youtube though.

Basically i'm new to mixing music and thought this was a good purchase for a beginner.

Seems like your pretty basic, no frills two channel mixer as far as options go. Would be a decent beginner mixer. What are you using for decks?
    Toshiba Satellite Windows 8.1, TSP2, Audio 10, Audio 2, 2x Technics 1200 MKII, Pioneer DJM-707, Midi Fighter Spectra, Kontrol X1, Behringer CMD PL-1

i just have laptop with traktor pro 2 installed. No cdj's or anything fancy.

Here is an article on two channel mixers you might find interesting. http://www.djtechtools.com/2010/12/1...gle-out-there/
    Are you running your audio through the mixer via audio 4/6/10? Or do you have other plans?
    Toshiba Satellite Windows 8.1, TSP2, Audio 10, Audio 2, 2x Technics 1200 MKII, Pioneer DJM-707, Midi Fighter Spectra, Kontrol X1, Behringer CMD PL-1

i just thought i could use traktor pro 2 and mix with the mixer back and forth.

by the sounds of it. I need an audio interface or turntables or a kontrol x1.

I might need to return this and just get a all in one controller like the s2. damnit....

it doesn't have a soundcard so you will need an external one. the audio 2 should work since it's only 2 channels. you would also need something to control traktor like an x1 or any other midi controller...or you could just use your laptop keyboard. if you start getting into turntables you will be getting into the more expensive territory.
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

Yeah thats what I just figured out. Decent turntables and a DVS would set me back 700$. I would need Traktor Audio 2 but would have to use a mouse to control the decks which would be annoying. Or buy a kontrol x1 with Traktor audio 2. Or option three return mixer and purchase a controller AGAIN. That would suck because I purchased the s2 last year for 399.99 and now it's 499.99 because the new update came out.. Man i should have never returned it and just kept it.

Graghh what a mistake on my part. What a mess of a situation I put myself into.

oh, did you get the s2 when it was on sale last year?

either way the numark isn't that much so you can add an x1 and audio 2 and still be spending less than the s2. you can probably even find used x1s going for about $100. check craigslist in your area. i guess you have to decide if you want something more modular.
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

Yeah I go the s2 when it was on sale last year then returned it because I wasn't using it to its capabilities. True I might as well just get the Traktor Audio 2 and then a x1. The audio 2 is 100$ & ill google some x1 kontrols to get a estimate.

you can get x1s on sale for $170 if you wait for a musicians friend 15% off sale, which they are doing right now for items over $149 (with free shipping too). i got one off craigslist for an even $100.

since the audio 2 doesn't have inputs you would have to route the mixer into your computer's sound card in order to record sets. that's the only slight downfall i can think of going this route. but there are upsides to a modular setup as well so it balances out.
    thread of free music

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast