Mixxx 1.7.0 Released

Default Mixxx 1.7.0 Released

What I have been waiting for to try it out.

Highlights of added features:

Midi scripting/learning
    Widescreen skin
    Options to save cue points in the library

http://mixxxblog.blogspot.com/2009/0...-released.html
    2 x Techinics 1200 mkIIs, SL1, Pioneer DJM-500, Novation Dicer, Stanton 680 carts, Acer Aspire 1410 11" Netbook
    ----------------------------------------------------

http://twitter.com/djlokifl

Tech Guru

I really need to give Mixxx a whirl. I am getting very excited over what these guys have planned: http://ifnotwhynot.me/mixxx-18-controllerism-galore
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

I've tried to use Mixxx before and to be honest I've always found it to be a bit awkward and confusing. Maybe it's just because I'm not familiar with the software, but I just can't get it to do what I want.

Just my opinion. I'll give 1.7.0 a shot anyway when I'm done with class today.
    LamboxMusic.com
    Newest release: A Pimp's Overture in B-Flat Minor
    Check out my free "Robo Rhythm" EP: Here

Soundcloud - Facebook - Twitter

The scripting engine is really cool, the problem with it is that its only got a small handful of things that you can actually control within MIXXX with it

So while MIXXX's midi functionality is cool, its not quite up there with Traktors just yet in my eyes - certainly might surpass it in the future though unless NI keep up !

Tech Guru

i still need to play with it some more .. but i think the chances of getting more stuff exposed is very high.

i also just noticed this:
    http://mixxxblog.blogspot.com/2008/07/blog-post.html

this also highlights another key aspect of mixxx, you can totally customize the layout to fix whatever screen size you have.
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

I've played with the 1.7 beta for a while, and its a nice upgrade.
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show
    (GMT+0) Tuesdays Midnight til 1.30am, on www.phonic.fm,
    or 106.8fm in the south west of england.
    For private bookings, please use www.djmoonie.com

Is there a way to fix the grid, like in traktor? it is always wrong.
    "I was caught so many times getting oral sex in the booth it was disgusting. I would tell the girls, "Bet you can't make me miss a beat"" (Francis Grasso)

Home
    Mixcloud

Tech Guru

not right now .. the current bar are based on the BPM starting from the very beginning of the track .. but that of course doesnt work well for many tracks. i am talking to the developers to see if they can add a way to set an offset for the beatgrid.

As for the MIDI mapping features. Everything you can do in the GUI is scriptable. It looks like 1.8 will also add timer functionality.

My friend I dj with is switching from Decadance to Mixxx. He should be up and running next time he djs on Sept 5th so I am going to check it out then. I've been having problems getting the time to open tracktor, much less a new program.
    2 x Techinics 1200 mkIIs, SL1, Pioneer DJM-500, Novation Dicer, Stanton 680 carts, Acer Aspire 1410 11" Netbook
    ----------------------------------------------------

http://twitter.com/djlokifl