Just a newbie needing help with ASIO4ALL v2

Default Just a newbie needing help with ASIO4ALL v2

Hi guys,

Dont mean to bother anyone with my lack of knowledge but i am wondering how I can set up headphones and have my speakers playing without having to buy an expensive sound-card (im trying to see if mixing really interests me).

My sound card says its a "Realtek HD Audio", and I use my desktop computer for mixing. I dont have a mix set of any sort, im literally only using my mouse and trying to get the hang of it, but i cant seem to adjust asio4all to allow me to have my headphones playing one track and my speakers playing another.

Please help!

There's a term that I'm embarrassed that I can't recall ... but if you're sound card is [insert term] ... you're a go for that feature.

Otherwise research "Virtual Audio Cables" for Windows ... Or "Audio Jacks" (I believe thats the name) on Mac.

They'll allow you to manipulate your internal signal routing to achieve many different configurations.
    My debut EP is FINISHED!! Now back to being a DJ!!

http://soundcloud.com/iambreed <-- NEW EP! "Hello. My Name is Breed"

#RESPECT

Tech Wizard

You have separate outputs for headphone and speaker, right? You shouldn't need to be using ASIO4All in the first place, unless you want to use some effecting with VST or something. Setup Realtek to send different outputs to headphone and speaker (Double click Realtek's icon in your tray, hit Define Advanced Settings, and there should be an option around there somewhere allowing you to send "different outputs" to headphone and speaker instead of just disabling speaker). This should give you a Speakers output and Realtek Second Output or something of the like, route your software to send headphone out through the Second Output.
    Last edited by ablahblah; 01-03-2013 at 11:58 PM.

I cant seem to find the option in realtek for "advanced settings", i googled it and i cannot figure it out

Tech Wizard

My bad, it's Device Advanced Settings. It should be in the top right corner of the window for Realtek HD Audio Manager.