Help! Sennheiser HD25 vs Sennheiser HD280 vs Beats Mixr. Which one's the best to buy?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Help! Sennheiser HD25 vs Sennheiser HD280 vs Beats Mixr. Which one's the best to buy?

My pair of Sony MDR 700 broke and I'm looking to buy a new pair of headphones. I've heard the beats are not as good as they look, but recently I saw a review here on djtt saying they were pretty good... I've heard many Djs use the hd25, but I've also heard the hd280 fit better and give a clearer sound.

So the big question is, which pair should I buy? What do you think of these? Or is there any other pair of headphones you'd recommend?

Thanks for the help
    Last edited by AMG; 01-04-2013 at 07:35 PM.

jonham

hd25. BOOM! now go make yourself a sandwich and call it a day.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by jonham View Post
    hd25. BOOM! now go make yourself a sandwich and call it a day.
    ^^^ This.
    Technics 1210 mk2's, Pioneer CDJ 500, Allen & Heath DB4, NI F1's (x2), Reloop Contour Controller Edition, Sennheiser HD25 1-II or Allen & Heath XD2-53's depending on my mood...

Mixcloud : xs2man - Latest Mix: Latest Mix 13-10-2016

Tech Convert

HD 25 mk2 have lasted me 2 years of rigorous use. I've sat on them, stood on them, fallen asleep with them on and they're still going strong and sounding great.

Tech Mentor

Pretty much verybody is gonna tell you to get the hd25 here, and that has its reasons. I use them myself and am very happy. Their sound is good and clear, no frequencies are boosted, and their durability is just crazy. But go test out some others aswell. Go to a store and try on different ones, because in the end you are gonna have them on for hours and they should fit you perfectly. Hearing good stuff about something is always different from trying it out yourself.
    Macbook Pro, TP 2.6, 2* Kontrol X1, A&H xone:92, NI Maschine, 2* KRK Rokit 5s, Sennheiser HD 25-II
    http://www.mixcloud.com/_volpe/

hd 25 mkII! donīt even consider beats! i love the sound and the built quality of the hd25s. but somehow my ears start to hurt a bit after wearing them for a longer period. dunno why. but still i recommend everybody to get these!
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Tech Mentor

I've gotta audition myself a pair of hd25s one day.
    Just curious, wont it get uncomfortable after awhile? Being on ur ears instead of closed covering?
    2 x Technics 1210 / 2 x Stanton ST150 / Shure M44-7 / Kontrol S4 / KRK Rokit 5 / AIAIAI TM-1 / Westone 1 / HP dv6-6105TX

iFrogz ThrowBax.
    Mah hard: S2, Mikro, F1, 13.3" MBP. Mah soft: Traktor, Maschine, Kontakt, Massive.

Aiaiais No moving parts; cant break. Best headphones.
    Mapping Enthusiast
    S4 | X1 | F1 | MF3D

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Paris View Post
    hd 25 mkII! donīt even consider beats! i love the sound and the built quality of the hd25s. but somehow my ears start to hurt a bit after wearing them for a longer period. dunno why. but still i recommend everybody to get these!
    have you tried the velour earpads?

@AMG the beats are rougher on your ear than the hd25.
    if u dont want to use on ear i recommend hdj2000.

i have all of the headphones above and i use hd25 mainly, but if im doing "studio" work or listening long time i allways use hdj 2000

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast