Traktor with two external soundcards for FX send/returns
    Tech Mentor

Default Traktor with two external soundcards for FX send/returns

I'm currently in the process of setting up a new workflow, just playing around with new gear and having fun
    to see what I'm going do to this year and to see where it takes me.
    I currently have a 2 channel mixer with send/returns, pair of 1200s and Audio 8 from NI.
    At the moment I'm not thinking about taking it to the club, just thinking about the possibilities.
    Since I would love to use 2 channels of DVS and 2 channels of internal playback / sample decks so
    i'm pretty quickly running out of channels. Since the Audio 10 has only one extra stereo channel it would be no help. Could I use an another external soundcard for two FX send/returns and has anyone tried it under windows?

Tech Mentor

Anyone?

Short answer: No.

Long Answer: If you're using DVS, you cannot use anything other than an NI Soundcard (Audio 4/6/8/10). Traktor will not let you use more than 2 soundcards at one time. If you weren't using DVS, you could have used ASIO4ALL to combine the soundcards, but in your case that wont work.
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by robdquick View Post
    Short answer: No.

Long Answer: If you're using DVS, you cannot use anything other than an NI Soundcard (Audio 4/6/8/10). Traktor will not let you use more than 2 soundcards at one time. If you weren't using DVS, you could have used ASIO4ALL to combine the soundcards, but in your case that wont work.
    This! ASIO4ALL can not DVS, even if u have a NI-soundcard sitting behind it.

Tech Mentor

Thanks for the answer. kudos.