S2 - question about mapping!!

Default S2 - question about mapping!!

Hey guys

I havnt even received the s2 yet but was wondering about mapping? i know there are knobs for HIGH MID LOW for each deck but i wanna set those knobs for GAIN FILTER KEY and then use the shift button to then use those knobs as HIGH MID LOW.. Im not sure if thats possible if possible to let me know if it is would be awsome! But i also read that there is already a GAIN (shift=FILTER) knob on the s2? if so can i change that knob to something else?

Maybe what would be ideal for me:

3 mid knobs: HIGH becomes GAIN
    MID becomes FILTER
    LOW becomes KEY
    and that gain knob could become LOW and throw the HIGH AND MID as shift knobs for either of the 3 middle knobs..

Thanks for you time

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Yep, all of this is possible to map.

Would you know where I could do this? And how?

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

That can be done by using controller manager. Do you have any basic mapping knowledge?

Tech Mentor

Pretty basic stuff to map. Don't wanna be mean or anything but i'm not gonna do a step by step guide since i think knowing how to map these things is part of knowing the software. Go to youtube and look for some tutorials.
    Btw, just from my personal experience, having the equalizer there makes sense and you are gonna use it a lot, so maybe better put gain key and filter on the shift function.
    Macbook Pro, TP 2.6, 2* Kontrol X1, A&H xone:92, NI Maschine, 2* KRK Rokit 5s, Sennheiser HD 25-II
    http://www.mixcloud.com/_volpe/

No I don't I'm new to the software! I haven't even gotten my s2 yet I have no knowledge of mapping! Thank you for your opinion but it's a personal feel right and I feel is like it better like that cos I've used a s2 before on default map and I think I would like it this way better because I used key and filter a lot more

Tech Mentor

Yeah sure whatever you like, but since you don't even have the controller or the software i wouldn't even start to worry about that. You cannot yet say what you will need when you have never djed before. Get your controller, get to know the software, learn to mix using the eqs, play around for a while and then maybe you will get a need to remap your controller. By then you should know the software well enough to be willing to learn some basic midi mapping.
    Macbook Pro, TP 2.6, 2* Kontrol X1, A&H xone:92, NI Maschine, 2* KRK Rokit 5s, Sennheiser HD 25-II
    http://www.mixcloud.com/_volpe/

personally i would use the knobs as EQ and have the shift for your other stuff, dont know about your mixing style but alot of the time when i'm mixing (transitioning) i'll have two hands on the EQ section and having to hold shift for this would be a right ball ache. Where as, I should imagine, if ya altering key and such it would be one track at a time mostly. Also ya have a seperate knob for filter/gain above the EQ section anyway. Just my opinion like.