Stuck on one Label
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Stuck on one Label

Hello,

I'm new to Djing. I've been hooked on the Dirtybird label recently and I'm finding other songs don't mix as well with their songs as the label itself. As a result I find myself mainly playing Dirtybird tracks. I feel like I'm almost cheating by doing this, by not really introducing much original. What are your opinions and even more importantly Advice on mixing it up in general and finding a balance?

personally, it doesnt seem like your musical "pallet" is large enough yet. Keep searching but go farther outside the (similar artists) and seriously, keep looking.
    the appreciation of a track is really subjective. the ones you like matter most to you. So in that you might be unknowingly limiting yourself.
    Seek farther young skywalker, and the beat will move you

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by antifmradio View Post
    personally, it doesnt seem like your musical "pallet" is large enough yet. Keep searching but go farther outside the (similar artists) and seriously, keep looking.
    the appreciation of a track is really subjective. the ones you like matter most to you. So in that you might be unknowingly limiting yourself.
    Seek farther young skywalker, and the beat will move you
    Thanks, I certainly will, I think theres just something really fun about the label that I'm not seeing as much in other artists. I wish there was a sub genre for it that I could search for but it fits under House which couldn't be a bigger genre really.

Quote Originally Posted by Alec442 View Post
    Thanks, I certainly will, I think theres just something really fun about the label that I'm not seeing as much in other artists. I wish there was a sub genre for it that I could search for but it fits under House which couldn't be a bigger genre really.
    the subgenre your looking for is prodominatly deep house, plenty of artists out there that have that bass / deep house sound

.... come to think of it i believe there is a thread solely dedicated to this subject, id link but at work atm

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by NoizeuNit View Post
    the subgenre your looking for is prodominatly deep house, plenty of artists out there that have that bass / deep house sound

.... come to think of it i believe there is a thread solely dedicated to this subject, id link but at work atm
    Yea it seems to come across Deep House/Tech House. But I personally would consider Deep House to be more mellow stuff like the Defected label (great label). If you could link that thread that would be a good help, Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Alec442 View Post
    Yea it seems to come across Deep House/Tech House. But I personally would consider Deep House to be more mellow stuff like the Defected label (great label). If you could link that thread that would be a good help, Thanks!
    its all relative there's so much variation in genres which is necessary cus u cant have all bangers else openers wouldn't have shit to play... just gotta dig to find the gems, i try and link when i get home

Go look through the bass music deep house thread. You'll find what you need there. Believe me there are a lot of tracks that will mix just fine with dirtybird tracks. You're just too green to realize it.

Tech Mentor

Check out "stil vor talent", great german label with some melodic deep/tech stuff.
    Macbook Pro, TP 2.6, 2* Kontrol X1, A&H xone:92, NI Maschine, 2* KRK Rokit 5s, Sennheiser HD 25-II
    http://www.mixcloud.com/_volpe/

Ya know Alec its funny you posted this message today regarding the likes of DirtyBird lol
    I just had them doing a show on my station yesterday.

Youre talking about Claude Vonstroke right?

Tech Mentor

Try the 66khz Productions label. Techno/tech house/Deep house... some real great stuff on that label

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast