What about this ? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    I sure your idea will work - but it won't be established or credible DJ's that use your site.

It will be the same DJ's that think having a logo and a business card makes them into a DJ.
    +1
    Couldn't have said it any better.....
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Originally Posted by Patch
    I sure your idea will work - but it won't be established or credible DJ's that use your site.

It will be the same DJ's that think having a logo and a business card makes them into a DJ.
    Not that theres anything wrong with this by the way.
    I joined a website like this in 2000 and met some of the best djs in my area.
    Now 12 years later, not only are we still friends
    we have watch otheres go onto production, fashion, mobile, and picked up other great djs along the way

whiskeyflip,

Thanks for the reply and pointing me to a view and market that i haven't thought about as such.

And thanks for the "Bar DJ" clarification ;-)

Your feedback and time is appreciated.

antifmradio,

Quote Originally Posted by antifmradio View Post
    @ sonuz

actually yes i do see value in something like this (your original post)
    but i think the idea you have in mind, is WAY to broad for the type of dj that will join the service
    ( im speaking from experience here and a few djs on DJTT know why i say that )
    Could you please elaborate what you have in mind when you say "type of dj", what type do you have in mind, i am interested in understanding ?

But the biggest problem is, yes, using the remark of "your site is one in a million" is very true.
    Because there are sooooo many services already out there offering less, the same, and way more then what you have imposed here.
    Thats true and thank you for the reality check. ;-)

Im not saying DONT DO IT BECAUSE ITLL FAIL. ITS BEEN DONE BEFORE.
    Im saying, you need to open this little box of idea you have, start up the service
    elaborate on it a bit ,
    develope it for some time
    and THEN...... you need to see what working, whats stale, and whats lacking.
    I really appreciate this piece of advice, off getting something out there and understand the real needs and usage patterns.
    I will open the box ;-)

Now. with all that said, take a look at the site in my sig
    I like the way you have setup Joomla, and how much can be accomplished with todays tech.

By the way how do you stream 24/7 ?

I really appreciate your thoughtful feedback.
    Last edited by sonuz; 01-05-2013 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sonuz View Post
    antifmradio,

Could you please elaborate what you have in mind when you say "type of dj", what type do you have in mind, i am interested in understanding ?

Thats true and thank you for the reality check. ;-)

I really appreciate this piece of advice, off getting something out there and understand the real needs and usage patterns.
    I will open the box ;-)

I like the way you have setup Joomla, and how much can be accomplished with todays tech.

By the way how do you stream 24/7 ?

I really appreciate your thoughtful feedback.
    my joomla site is pretty dam elaborate
    i actually need to run 3 servers to make it operate the way it does
    One for streaming and streaming ONLY ( none of the streamed music is in any online source that can be "hacked" into )
    One for the playlist generation (public side), requests, and downloads (all mp3s downloaded are from their own server
    One server just for the website itself. Since it keeps growing, and data keeps getting added on, it needs to run without slowing down. recently i upgraded the SQL server that operates Joomla

So to answer your questions of "how do you stream 24/7"
    Answer: Firstly by seperating all the largest most intence parts of the site, into their own servers.
    Streaming is done from a single location into a server which then bounces the signal out to several RELAY servers across the globe.
    This way theres very little latencey.
    So if you are in New York listening to the start of Track # in Sonuz's latest mix
    Someone in New Zealand will be hearing the same song at the same time.
    -(Balance server load)-

mine is the product of 7 years of coding, and building. Thats why i said earlier, get some parts of it up and running
    then add on to it
    then see what is and is not working

do the finale (look and feel) well after you get it in operation

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12