What about this ?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What about this ?

Hi all,

I started this thread and found that DJ's mostly use wordpress, Joomla all it's maintenance for their websites.

I would like the feedback of the community on one idea i have.

Would you subscribe for a paid online service that:

- Offers you an easy way to create a DJ website

- Offers you many customizable DJ focused themes for your website

- Offers you an easy way to manage your mailing list with an internal feature or linked to external service such as mailchimp.com

- Offers you an easy way to upload your charts, media, promotional images.

- Offers you a customizable player linked to your soundcloud account and integrated into the site.

- Offers you a simple way to link you Facebook/Twitter/Youtube accounts

- Offers you a way out of managing wordpress, joomla, its plugins, backups and so on.

Is creating and maintain your website hard for you ?

How would you value such service ?

Your replies will mean the world to me.

Thank you to all in advance.

Sonuz,

I thought so... Now i feel a bit misled by you. Because all you whant is feedback on a idea you have. That's fine but now it is clear. I thought you need help as discriped in your other thread.

The idea is good for non creative people or people who don't want to learn something. The key words for a website are: creativity, dynamic and individual. If you don't care about that and don't mind that your website is one in a million. You can go for your concept.

Don't misunderstand me. It is good you think of this sort of services. But I doubt this is the right market.

Cheers!
    DJ Kontrol S2 || Traktor 2.6 || MBP 15" 16G Retina || MACKIE MR5 MKII ||

Prod. PC Duo Core || 22" LG || Ableton Live 9 || AKAI MPK mini

I sure your idea will work - but it won't be established or credible DJ's that use your site.

It will be the same DJ's that think having a logo and a business card makes them into a DJ.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Manolo008,

I am totally sorry if i misled you in any way, it was not the intention at all, i just wanted to know what is the common practice and if there is any service like the one mentioned here, please accept my apologies.

Your feedback is more than welcome and very appreciated.

I agree on your view on the keywords for a website. I was just thinking that for instance there are quite a few similar services for bands, that allow for a very customizable design, hence freeing the bands of maintaining their websites.

I know that the Dj community me included like to be original, and actually like the hands on approach. My first DJ website was on yahoo many years back, and i totally get it and applaud it.

Just curious why do you think about sites like http://www.reverbnation.com and http://bandcamp.com but focused on the DJ community ?

Thanks for all the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by sonuz View Post
    Manolo008,

I am totally sorry if i misled you in any way, it was not the intention at all, i just wanted to know what is the common practice and if there is any service like the one mentioned here, please accept my apologies.

Your feedback is more than welcome and very appreciated.

I agree on your view on the keywords for a website. I was just thinking that for instance there are quite a few similar services for bands, that allow for a very customizable design, hence freeing the bands of maintaining their websites.

I know that the Dj community me included like to be original, and actually like the hands on approach. My first DJ website was on yahoo many years back, and i totally get it and applaud it.

Just curious why do you think about sites like http://www.reverbnation.com and http://bandcamp.com but focused on the DJ community ?

Thanks for all the feedback.
    Apoligies accepted
    DJ Kontrol S2 || Traktor 2.6 || MBP 15" 16G Retina || MACKIE MR5 MKII ||

Prod. PC Duo Core || 22" LG || Ableton Live 9 || AKAI MPK mini

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    I sure your idea will work - but it won't be established or credible DJ's that use your site.

It will be the same DJ's that think having a logo and a business card makes them into a DJ.
    Patch,

Thanks for feedback.

For the established/starts Dj's there could be some extra services for custom design.

Why not for credible DJ's ?

Thank you a lot.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post

This.

You'll get tons of wedding/bar DJs and bedroom kids, but no real DJs.

Extra services for custom design are not going to matter much, an established DJ is going to hire a web designer.

whiskeyflip ,

Thank you a lot for your opinion, it showed me that there is a market and i appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by whiskeyflip View Post
    Extra services for custom design are not going to matter much, an established DJ is going to hire a web designer.
    With regards to the established DJ if they hire a web designer to do a custom/new design why not use the extra service i mentioned ?

Just curious why a DJ that plays in a bar is not a real DJ in your opinion ?

Your feedback is very appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by sonuz; 01-05-2013 at 01:06 PM.

Banned

whiskeyflip ,

Thank you a lot for your opinion, it showed me that there is a market and i appreciate it.
    yeah definitely it's a good idea, it will work.

With regards to the established DJ if they hire a web designer to do a custom/new design why not use the extra service i mentioned ?

Just curious why a DJ that plays in a bar is not a real DJ in your opinion ?
    Because your service is going to be mainly a platform for unestablished DJs who, like Patch said, think having a business card and a logo makes them established. Gotprint has professional design services... If you really want to you can have gotprint design you a website, but anyone who knows what they're doing isn't going to, because they're a cheap printer.

Also... I'm not getting into this debate. A real DJ can play in a bar, but a "Bar DJ" is it's own thing, and it's more or less a wedding DJ who gets paid to play by themselves at bars, usually bringing all of their own equipment and lights and sound. I'm not getting into the semantics of a "real DJ", but the guys that do that don't matter. Those people would, however, be your main target market. And you could probably make plenty of money off of them

@ sonuz

actually yes i do see value in something like this (your original post)
    but i think the idea you have in mind, is WAY to broad for the type of dj that will join the service
    ( im speaking from experience here and a few djs on DJTT know why i say that )

But the biggest problem is, yes, using the remark of "your site is one in a million" is very true.
    Because there are sooooo many services already out there offering less, the same, and way more then what you have imposed here.

Im not saying DONT DO IT BECAUSE ITLL FAIL. ITS BEEN DONE BEFORE.
    Im saying, you need to open this little box of idea you have, start up the service
    elaborate on it a bit ,
    develope it for some time
    and THEN...... you need to see what working, whats stale, and whats lacking.

Now. with all that said, take a look at the site in my sig

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast