Traktor load reaches max periodically and crackles music
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Traktor load reaches max periodically and crackles music

I'm on a 1.7Ghz (2.4 with turbo boost) core i5 with 4 gb ram (the new Lenovo Yoga) and when I hook up my audio 2 the CPU load meter on traktor goes all the way up for about 2-3 minutes and this makes the music crackle up. After a couple of minutes it comes back down and everything works fine, and an hour or so later this whole thing happens again.

Really frustrating when this happens in the middle of a set. What can I do to fix this?

This happened to me!! And I cannot believe I cannot remember what the solution was! I was live and it started (exactly as describe) periodically, making that sound and I found that by wiggling my USB cord (TEMP FIX not the culprit) it would go a way for another hour or so. Let me think for a sec and I'll remember! It was soooooooo annoying and kind of scary out there live like that.

My only concern is that I'm using OSX ... And it could be a different issue. I'll get right back with you ...

*opening Traktor Preferences*
    My debut EP is FINISHED!! Now back to being a DJ!!

http://soundcloud.com/iambreed <-- NEW EP! "Hello. My Name is Breed"

#RESPECT

I'm just shooting right now ... I'll find out what caused this for me and share when I do. But I'm struggling to recall the mediums I searched to find my solution.

For now, please verify the position of your "multicore processor enabled" setting. Some say, having it ON can do more harm than good on certain machines. Worth a shot. I don't recall if that was my problem tho... I'm still digging. Maybe someone else has experienced this and will chime in. I do the recall the solution being somewhat difficult for me to find .. but a simple fix.
    Last edited by jshawpro; 01-05-2013 at 06:09 PM. Reason: OCD

#RESPECT

Tech Convert

I did have my multicore processor enabled

Download game booster, it took my traktors cpu % from 60-70 down to 5-10%

Try searching for Windows optimization articles and threads for traktor (im on my phone so tough to link). Disabling the acpi battery made a big difference for me. Some say to disable it within BIOS as well. Some say gamebooster works well also.
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

So glad I'm on a Mac. (no argument necessary, I love Windows, too)

I do not miss the Windows 'de-crappification' process that was necessary for me (Vista and all previous versions) to get my setup stabilized and optimized for production.

#RESPECT

Did turning it OFF make a difference?

Quote Originally Posted by avenkat0 View Post
    I did have my multicore processor enabled

#RESPECT

Quote Originally Posted by jshawpro View Post
    So glad I'm on a Mac. (no argument necessary, I love Windows, too)

I do not miss the Windows 'de-crappification' process that was necessary for me (Vista and all previous versions) to get my setup stabilized and optimized for production.
    SOoooo glad I have a PC, saved $700 on the same specs of a computer. All I have to do is run a program that takes .5 seconds to start.

So glad I had $700 extra to spend on the best and most stable operating system ... again ... that I HAVE ever used.

Screw the specs ... those are standardized ... it's the operating system that will disperse data through those components.

Maybe they fixed all the blue screens and things that annoyed me (a moderately advanced PC user) about all Windows versions Pre 7 ... Which I haven't not used.

Quote Originally Posted by AllDay View Post
    SOoooo glad I have a PC, saved $700 on the same specs of a computer. All I have to do is run a program that takes .5 seconds to start.

#RESPECT

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast