DJ/iO with VDJ
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DJ/iO with VDJ

Tech Mentor

Default DJ/iO with VDJ

Anyone use this combo?
    I'd like to know what sound settings you use so that I can hear out my computer speakers but use headphone to cue tracks...
    Thanks brehhhhhhhs!

Tech Mentor

will the DJ/iO even do this for me or should I return it?

Tech Mentor

anyone?

This is djing basics, setting up your routing is all over the internet.. You clearly didn't even look.

Tech Mentor

I've look/looking. I guess a better question would be can I get sound from my laptop speakers and use my headphones for cuing?

and I'm pretty sure this is a forum for DJing...

No you cannot but basic questions like this are anoyying to answer as they are asked everyday if you used the search..

You need speakers and an amp to get everything working. Also have to route properly.

it looks like that interface has 2 stereo (rca) outputs. do you have any kind of bookshelf cd player/stereo? usually even the cheapest set of these has rca inputs that you can use to play your music. you would run the main out of the djio into the cd player and use the headphone out of the io for cueing tracks. this would be the easiest thing to do.

what exactly do you mean by computer speakers? please describe your exact setup. are you using a laptop and trying to get the built in speakers to play the music? or do you have a desktop pc/laptop with a pair of usb speakers? or some other situation?
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

Tech Mentor

Thanks for the help squidot,

Usually I just practice with my laptop this is why I would like to be able to use the built in speakers. I do own a bose system but I think the speakers only have one rca plug.

When I play gigs I usually plug right into my laptop with a stereo to 1/4" then 1/4" either into the mixer or my monthly gig requires me to plug 1/4" into DI box which I run to a XLR snake...for my monthly gigs if I want to play on the stage I must go into the XLR snake...

Tech Mentor

allday...if these sort of questions bother you, then simply don't reply

I'm looking for help and this is the best place that I have found to get help, everyone on this forum is usually awesome, we all have to start somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by bisco View Post
    allday...if these sort of questions bother you, then simply don't reply

I'm looking for help and this is the best place that I have found to get help, everyone on this forum is usually awesome, we all have to start somewhere.
    Its just the lack of trying on your own. I know im not alone on this. You didn't try google or youtube because they both have tons of hits on exactly what you posted.

OT tho I still helped you so not too sure what your getting at. You should never try and play out of your laptop speakers lol. Your missing the bassline completely.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast