Traktor Kontrol S2 Tips?

Default Traktor Kontrol S2 Tips?

Just recently bought a Kontrol S2. Anyone got any good tips for using this controller to its full potential?

Practice and watch videos of people using it.
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

Tech Wizard

As he mentioned, videos are a good place to learn. I would also suggest downloading a mapping like Beaubryte's S2 mapping here on DJTT. Learning how to use a more versatile mapping will give you lots of new things to try with the S2.

Tech Wizard

I think ArmyofMe also has a few good mappings for them. I use one of hers religiously for my S2

Congratz! You're in for some exciting times ahead, in my opinion. What's your experience level?

Based on the information you've provided ...

The best tip I have is to read and UNDERSTAND the manual. When you encounter terminology or a concept that you don't understand .. try and research it before you move forward. I felt like as I read through the documentation that the info was sequenced in a way that kind of outlined the modular / aspects of the software in a smart way.
    My debut EP is FINISHED!! Now back to being a DJ!!

http://soundcloud.com/iambreed <-- NEW EP! "Hello. My Name is Breed"

#RESPECT

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by jshawpro View Post
    Congratz! You're in for some exciting times ahead, in my opinion. What's your experience level?

Based on the information you've provided ...

The best tip I have is to read and UNDERSTAND the manual. When you encounter terminology or a concept that you don't understand .. try and research it before you move forward. I felt like as I read through the documentation that the info was sequenced in a way that kind of outlined the modular / aspects of the software in a smart way.
    Agreed. Before I even used the S2 when I got it last year I read it through to get an idea of what it could do and followed the tutorials they had there. Then started experimenting and watching videos online. Theres load of content