Depeche Mode Remix Question

Default Depeche Mode Remix Question

Hey guys. I'm new to the forum and this is my first post, so take it easy on me...

I have some questions about Ean Golden's video for the Depeche Mode remix...hopefully someone can help me out here. I've downloaded and loaded up the mapping he used for the S2, which I recently purchased, and have been messing around with it a bit.

In the video around 11 seconds, it shows on the top right of the screen decks 2 and 4 for effects (I'm not sure what else to call them other than decks, so I apologize). The effects in deck 4 are controlled by the jog wheel, and the first and second effects knobs in deck 2 are turned on. Throughout the video, he uses the effects knobs separately from the jog wheel, so when he physically turns one of the knobs, the effects in deck 2 are used instead of the ones in deck 4...how is this done?! I've tried turning on the effects knobs separately, but it just works with the effects that are already activated by the jog wheel, which for me is the effects in deck 2.

I've worded the question as best I can, so hopefully someone knows what I mean.

Any thoughts or ideas will be very helpful. Thanks guys!

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Correct, those two effects are used separately than jog FX and there are drive and peak filter he use just to give some color to jog FX.

Thanks for the reply, Stewe.

I'm just wondering how he was able to separate the jog wheel effects from the knob effects...? I can't seem to figure it out.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

It's because right jog is affecting 4th FX unit and this FX section knobs are acting normally. I think that mapping in video and mapping in download section ain't one.

Okay, that would make sense because I can't figure out a way to separate the knobs from the jog wheels. I guess I'll need to figure out how to map it.