Your Thoughts on Flyer Design
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Your Thoughts on Flyer Design

Hey Guys im starting a Darkpsy/Full-o Psytrance night in october and ive decided to begin to start designing the flyer for the event im not great at art or nothin so i kept things basic yet eye catching (i hope ) could you guys please let me know what you think, all input is greatly welcome cheers D2D

Tech Guru

don't use the first picture. at first glance i couldn't even tell that the random shapes were text. you have to make your typography easy to read so that people don't have to strain to understand what they're looking at.

but the second picture is pretty nice for the most part.
    -cut out the "bass +treble" words it's confusing and distracting. If you need to keep it atleast lower the opacity or use smaller font so that it doesn't draw the eye away from the important text.

-add some light texture to the background. the flat grey is boring if you're just using Text and no other imagery to capture the eye.

Tech Convert

ill start to make a few changes then i did come up with a more clear flyer but accidently fattened image so cant get the rear of the flyer how i would want even tho i do think it was a better design im just stumped on what to do with it. heres what it looked like if your interested hehe

Mate, i would use the second one, minus the bullet holes and volume images, and find a cool psychedelic or tech background, overlay the text etc on that and jazz it up a bit with drop shadows etc. I've been to a lot of psy parties and most of the flyers are pretty simple looking but effective. looking forward to seeing the final result dude
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

not trying to take this over or anything..i'm just really bored and love flyer design

[full res]

techy with the fonts..psy-y with the graphics, just some ideas to throw out there. hope it helps/inspires you in some way
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

niice. more time spare for photoshop till ya get your gear sorted eh
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ View Post
    niice. more time spare for photoshop till ya get your gear sorted eh
    seriously..sitting here staring at my tables...mixing the same 5 vinyls.. you may not hear from me for a while after i get that audio 8.. i'm going through withdrawals
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by djhipnotikk View Post
    not trying to take this over or anything..i'm just really bored and love flyer design

[full res]

techy with the fonts..psy-y with the graphics, just some ideas to throw out there. hope it helps/inspires you in some way
    woah you wipped that up quick, nice one bro!

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Id say never use Photoshop Filters that have been done to death like "Extrude".

The thing with Flyer design is , its all relative to the Genre.
    The D&B scene uses design that would not be use by the House scene and blah blah.
    Its all about whats relative but forward thinking at the same time.

The Indie scene in UK has gone back to that whole cut n paste , marker pen , hand drawn thing. Its boring but thats the way it is. Some time ago all flyers had animals on them. Try to avoid cliches and never have a picture of a turntable on a flyer hahaha

Tech Convert

Hey guys thanks for input, i did think the typeface in the first flyer i posted was a little confusing myself but thought it added a trippy edge to the front but in the end i didnt realy think that flyer looked good with other fonts on my pc. so in the end i scaped the whole thing and started afresh. Im trying to keep the flyer simple yet eyecatching as i said in first post but i am still a photoshop noob hehe. i do like your flyer djhipnotikk very underground feeling like the night will be but i can't do that kinda stuff when i try
    I find having just to stick to one type of design due to the scene very hard to do as so many things are visualy apealing and i generaly like alsorts of flyers ive seen over the years and just thought id try something different to the usual just to be slightly different from the rest, but i do see your point and will try to address it in future designs i try speaking of which hehe heres what ive been working on this time.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast