Djing in a Club - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Djing in a Club

I have them in every genre. If you go to my Soundcloud ... listen some stuff and imagine deleting everything but the drums.

That's actually what I do most of the time ... I've been making beats and producing for a while now (10+ years). This is a great way that I've found to utilize hot stuff that I didn't finish or whatever ... that would sit forever otherwise.

I'll share some stuff when I hit the lab later.

Quote Originally Posted by IzReal View Post
    My bad i just saw your soundcloud link haha..
    My debut EP is FINISHED!! Now back to being a DJ!!

http://soundcloud.com/iambreed <-- NEW EP! "Hello. My Name is Breed"

#RESPECT

Quote Originally Posted by jshawpro View Post
    One more thing ... You're gonna need this:

Thank me later. (Get the original, too)
    nice call. If you dont play wobble in your set you have failed every guy on the dance floor. Because when girls hear "wobble baby wobble baby wobble baby wobble yeeeeeeah"

They go to the dance floor and make it wobble baby wobble baby wobble baby wobble yeeeeah.
    "Feed the Soul, Starve the Ego"
    Me and her weren't meant to last. But me and music, now that's forever.
    | Navy Delayed Entry Program | Shipping Out June 13, 2013 | Aircrew | C/O 13 |

Quote Originally Posted by numarkaddict View Post
    They go to the dance floor and make it wobble baby wobble baby wobble baby wobble yeeeeah.
    True. Story.

And before anybody .. to some degree, rightfully .. critiques the cheese factor here. Please note that the guy asked about club venues of which he suggested Top 40's stuff would be expected or appropriate.

Also note. That just because something is cheesy, or hyper commercial .. Does not mean you can not deliver it in a means that's non-cheesy and unique to your style.

I admittedly need to polish up the "Wobble" remix that I suggested earlier ... There's some harsh areas in the spectrum. I know where they are so I filter it when I'm playing out. AND I'll play the original in a heartbeat ... depending on the crowd.

AlSO, on lots of other songs ... If you set your filters appropriately .. full highpass on the sub and kick ... pretty tightly rolled up to as high as 300 - 600hz depending on your selections. (watch out for the snare of the original .. it's tough to notch out) but .. You can leave room to fill that whole area with a bad ass beat and sub ... that will make the filtered original sound very different. In a sense ... live remix / redrum on the spot. Takes planning and for things to be in key, though.

Good times.
    My debut EP is FINISHED!! Now back to being a DJ!!

http://soundcloud.com/iambreed <-- NEW EP! "Hello. My Name is Breed"

#RESPECT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12