What would you do?
    Tech Wizard

Default What would you do?

So today is my birthday and everyone is giving me cash and my parents are going to get me a gift once I decide what I want. I am pretty sure that I want to get a maschine because I have tried the mikro MK2 (for the software) and I loved it (at school). So my friend has a MK1 maschine and he said he will give it to me with software(s) for 175$. Or I could get a MK2 demo unit for 499$... What would you do?

If I got the MK1 I probably could still have enough cash to get Komplete 8...Maybe

THX

I also need to come up with a dj name and I am feeling "dubfed" Does this already exist and is it a good name?

Tech Guru

I would go the MK 1. Having the extra screens is worth it & $175 is a good deal!

yup, i would get the mk1 at that price for sure. the mk2 doesn't seem worth the extra cost, especially at the price you can get the mk1 for.

as far as the last question, i am going to refrain from my usual dj naming shenanigans.
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hoesterey View Post
    "dubfed" Does this already exist and is it a good name?
    It does exist
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=dub...h=891&safe=vss
    And it isn't a good name unless you reckon unoriginal names containing the word 'dub' are the way forward.
    To be honest though; you wouldn't go onto a forum and ask people to name your child, would you? So why would you ask people for a name for yourself?
    Last edited by lethal_pizzle; 01-07-2013 at 10:00 AM.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    To be honest though; you wouldn't go onto a forum and ask people to name your child, would you? So why would you ask people for a name for yourself?
    good point.

Just try to find something about you that sticks out. And it'll be hard to find one that ISN'T already in use. It's possible, but it'll be hard. good luck
    "Feed the Soul, Starve the Ego"
    Me and her weren't meant to last. But me and music, now that's forever.
    | Navy Delayed Entry Program | Shipping Out June 13, 2013 | Aircrew | C/O 13 |

With an obscure surname like that, personally I'd just go with that.
    http://soundcloud.com/squirec Mixes mainly containing funky/disco/chicago/swing house. Although, there's always room for a little something different.
    Equipment: 15" Macbook Pro (Mid 2012), Traktor Pro 2, Traktor Kontrol X1, Pioneer CDJ 1000 Mk2 x 2, Pioneer DJM 700, Sennheiser HD25 Mk2 headphones.