Can I record with this set up?
    Tech Convert

Default Can I record with this set up?

I'm trying to set up to use my two-channel Behringer NOX404 to record in Traktor 2. I recently upgraded from the NI Audio 2 interface to the Scratch Audio 6 package. I was able to record and mix internally in Traktor while using Audio 2, but I can't get any waveforms to show since connecting Audio 8. The two decks play through the mixer channels without issue.

The NOX404 is the only one in the NOX family that lacks a Record Out option, but set up example 3 from NI led me to think I might be able to swing a decent recording this way.

Can I mix externally and record in Traktor with this hardware set up? If so, any suggestions about how I might amend the settings in Traktor or sort out my cables to address this issue? I've already checked to be clear that the recording and input/output settings match the specifications of other users.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Looks like that mixer doesn't have a booth out either. If your speakers use XLR connections, you can run an rca from the main out into one of the inputs on the audio 6. In the preferences, you need to select EXTERNAL for both output and recording. Set the input routing for deck d to the main in on the audio 6 (or A/B on the back) depending on where you plug the rca into.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    Looks like that mixer doesn't have a booth out either. If your speakers use XLR connections, you can run an rca from the main out into one of the inputs on the audio 6. In the preferences, you need to select EXTERNAL for both output and recording. Set the input routing for deck d to the main in on the audio 6 (or A/B on the back) depending on where you plug the rca into.
    Thank you, the speakers are connected through XLRs, so I now have an RCA from the mixer's main output to the Audio 6 main in. Unfortunately, I'm still unable to record and not getting any signal lights in the Main In RCA connection.

In Traktor I have two track decks configured along with the following:
    Audio Setup: Audio 6/two line inputs
    Output routing: External / Output Deck A-Ch A Left&Ch A Right / Output Deck B-Ch B Left and Ch B Right / C not connected / D - Main Left and Main Right / Output Preview and FX Return not connected
    Input settings: Deck D - Main Left and Main Right. All others unconnected
    Mix Recorder: External/Input Deck D

Anything wrong with those settings?

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    Thank you, the speakers are connected through XLRs, so I now have an RCA from the mixer's main output to the Audio 6 main in. Unfortunately, I'm still unable to record and not getting any signal lights in the Main In RCA connection.

In Traktor I have two track decks configured along with the following:
    Audio Setup: Audio 6/two line inputs
    Output routing: External / Output Deck A-Ch A Left&Ch A Right / Output Deck B-Ch B Left and Ch B Right / C not connected / D - Main Left and Main Right / Output Preview and FX Return not connected
    Input settings: Deck D - Main Left and Main Right. All others unconnected
    Mix Recorder: External/Input Deck D

Anything wrong with those settings?