Video DJing...

Thread: Video DJing...

Tech Wizard

Default Video DJing...

Hey guys I thought I'd start a discussion on video djing and what you guys think about it. I'm probably not going to start vdjing because of the mere fact that i already purched my vci-100 (but i guess you could use it for vdjing as well right) instead of something that incorporates video djing in the controller itself and I'd have to go and find tons of videos. I still am curious about it all though.

How does it all work? Do people mostly use laptops and programs like serato/virtual dj with vdj capabilities? Is it more expensive? Do people actually care about watching the videos in a club or will they most probably ignore all the extra work and money you are putting into it? Do you really have to go and buy all these projectors and screens etc? Do people actually hire you over regular djs (don't most vdjs charge more?) ?

This all came about because I was doing research on ableton controller like the apc 40 and then i came across the ohm and it said it was great for vdjing as well so i just wanted to get the ball rolling on the discussion.

thanks guy looking forward to what you have to say

You will probably find this thread to be a good read -
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...ighlight=vjing

Tech Wizard

oh my bad i couldn't find anything on the search probably because it isn't titled vjing or something..... thanks though this should be an interesting read i guess you can delete this thread to minimize clutter
    sorry!