Adding a Maschine?
    Tech Wizard

Default Adding a Maschine?

So, My birthday was yesterday and I am going to get some new gear. I have the S2 and Headphones+ a launchpad... And I want to add a set of rokit 5's, a maschine mk1 (my friend is selling it to me for 175$) and Komplete 8.... Do I need to get an external soundcard to use the rokits with the maschine or can I use the S2's soundcard? advise?

You should be able to use the s2 soundcard.
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

Do you want to use traktor at the same time or just use the S2 soundcard as an output for Maschine by itself?
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    Do you want to use traktor at the same time or just use the S2 soundcard as an output for Maschine by itself?
    I want to use it primarily as just the soundcard output but if it could be used simultaneously with traktor that would be great.

It's easy to use as a sound card, but if you wanted to route maschine through traktor you'd have to use soundflower or some other virtual audio device program. Not difficult, but can cause excessive latency or other issues occasionally.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

You can use your S2 as a soundcard for maschine. Just have the s2 plugged in and powered up while your in the maschine software and under preferences you should see the option to choose the S2 as your audio device.
    Macbook Pro : Traktor Pro 2 : VCI 400SE : Maschine : Midifighter Classic : Akai MPKmini : Akai MPD16 custom : Komplete Audio 6 : VCI 100SE Arcade #87/100 : Check out my mixes at http://soundcloud.com/2089a-d