Convince me to buy a Z2 pls
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Convince me to buy a Z2 pls

I'm seriously tempted to buy this Z2 mixer. Sort of ticks every box other than it's not made by Rane, Pioneer, or A+H which ordinarily would be the only mixers i'd buy.

I sold my DJM800 with the intention of buying a DJM900... but I've found that i got my S2 mapping with 2.6 so that i'm really happy with it and haven't felt urgently like replacing my mixer. Also i moved house so my techs are in a cupboard.

But I kind of want to set em up again and need a new mixer. Seems a bit unnecessary to spend £1599 on a djm 900 mixer when i only play the odd bit of vinyl.

Im actually happy with traktors fx now, specially since the macro fx

So the Z2:

It's 2+2 channels (i defo don't need 4 channels) but also has an aux = tick
    It's digital with built in sc so low noise floor = tick
    Traktor certified = tick
    It's a really good price = tick

My only reservation is it's made by traktor and somehow that doesn't seem legit (tell me i'm being snobbish). The build is defo very good but i'm not in love with the shiny bit. 12 inch skins may bring something out soon right?

For the price is there a better mixer? I'm not feeling the T1 personally.

I do already own an audio 10 though so can really get any mixer...

What should I do?

(ps ive helped out nuff other people with these sort of threads... pls help me?)
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

With Audio 10, I say stick with your plans on purchasing the DJM900 Nexus. I use it currently with Ableton and CDJs and love every bit of it....

After making my transition to more residencies, I've been slowly moving away from Traktor since most clubs here in Los Angeles use Pioneer gear as standard equipment.

I just plug in USB or laptop if a club has the 900 and I'll use my Audio 8 (Audio 10 for you) if the club has DJM800 or equivalent (usually the case).
    A&H Xone DB4 l (2) Traktor Kontrol X1 MK2 l Maschine MK2 l Traktor Scratch Pro l Ableton
    Avalon (Hollywood) l Exchange LA (Los Angeles) l DS#ARP LA (Los Angeles) l Undercurrent (San Diego) l Frenzy Afterhours (Los Angeles) l AL Party (Los Angeles) l Spin (San Diego) l Sutra (Orange County) l Monarch (San Francisco)

NI may release replacement top panels like they have for Maschine, since they're only attached magnetically. I'd say go for it, I was amazed when i first heard the price of the Z2!
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

There's a few eye opening experiences for me djing... going digital in the first place was one of them. Then using a kontrol s2 was another. The z2 is the most recent and most impactful.

I find myself having a lot more fun mixing and spending less time fighting the software to do what I want. I bought it thinking it would just save me from having to squeeze my soundcard in my flight case anymore. But what I found is that its really changed the way I feel about djing in a good way. I'm more than happy with the purchase.

I really like my Z2. I might have chosen a much more expensive mixer like the DB4 if I had already had an Audio 10, but it was a great deal considering I didn't own a mixer or DVS at the time.

LOVE my z2! Very solid controller/Mixer in my opinion compared to the rest of the NI products. They stepped it up with this one. The faders are amazing. I have not personally owned any TOP OF THE LINE mixer, so I cant compare, but its really solid. Just be sure to get a microfiber cloth if you go with it, the thing has that NI glossy top pannel and it gets a bit dirty.
    Macbook 13" 4 gb ram, traktor pro 2.6, kontrol x1, Kontrol z2, kontrol f1, midi fighter spectra, midi fighter 3d,
    Text, let's talk about edm or mixing! 831-801-1774

Anyone know how the track preview thing would work on Z2?

On my DJM800 i had a channel dedicated to previewing from my Audio 10...

How you preview songs on Z2? Does it just come through the cue anyway?

Cheers,
    Mx1
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Volume knob cue mix knob and two routing buttons. (a and b)
    Macbook 13" 4 gb ram, traktor pro 2.6, kontrol x1, Kontrol z2, kontrol f1, midi fighter spectra, midi fighter 3d,
    Text, let's talk about edm or mixing! 831-801-1774

I enjoy my Z2 a lot, I had a Rane TTM57, so getting another standalone mixer was key for me since I didnt really like the set up of external sound card.

Faders and access to remix decks were the reason I made the purchase of my Z2, also the fact that I sold like 4yr old Rane Mixer and was able to put that money into a brand new warrantied NI Mixer and make my switch to Traktor all at the same time.

Price was AMAZING, I was expecting it to be in the $1200+ range considering all other standalone mixers are normally in that price range.

Tech Wizard

Djm-t1 amazing mixer even better build quality

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast