Best 2 channel mixer on a budget

Default Best 2 channel mixer on a budget

I dont have lots of spare coin (maybe£150) and was toying with the idea of getting a small 2 channel mixer to use with my turntables. Whats the best out there for a decent price?
    MacBook Pro 17" | 1 x Kontrol S4 | 2 x Technics 1210mk2 | Ortofon Elektro's | TSP | Facebook Soundcloud Mixcloud

Pioneer djm 250

nothing comes close.

£160 to £180 new

the filters are awesome on it

Tech Mentor

Ecler Nuo 2 / 3.
    Perfect.

Tech Wizard

+1 for the Pioneer. Mine will be getting here by the end of the week! Ecler are alos awesome mixers, but I don't think you can find a NUO new for that money. There are also the Vestax 002XLu, Denon DN-X 120, many Behringer and Numark models (though of lower quality), and many more.
    d{-.-}b

You can get a used djm-707 for around $200-$250. It has a five way adjustable eternal fader, transform switches, fx send/return on each channel and the mic, two lines per channel, line and master volume meters, a session in for your buddy, eq on/off switches, and the knobs are rubber so they turn quickly and easily and have a center detent. I'm not too fond of how high in the mids that the lows cut out as it makes vocals sound anemic, but I'm sure that it was designed to take out rumble when scratching. The eq switch can be used somewhat like eq kills so that is kind of nice. I much prefer the Ecler's wide mid band eq for mixing, though. I'm also a fan of the Vestax pmc-07, but I feel the Pioneer and Ecler mixers have better sound quality, are more durable and are better second hand buys.
    Toshiba Satellite Windows 8.1, TSP2, Audio 10, Audio 2, 2x Technics 1200 MKII, Pioneer DJM-707, Midi Fighter Spectra, Kontrol X1, Behringer CMD PL-1

^

707 is definitely a quality mixer but good luck finding one.

I say a used Nuo would be the way to go. Or even a used Stanton M.207, they're built very well if you can get over its ugly looks.

On second thought, the Stanton might be a little over kill with all the FX and shit. Just look for a used Nuo 2 or 3. The DJM 250 is definitely a solid bargain, I bet it wouldn't sound as nice as the Ecler's though.

Tech Guru

It's slightly dated...but still a great place to start:

http://www.djtechtools.com/2010/12/1...gle-out-there/
    Denon X1600, NI X1 Mk1 & Mk2, MF Twister
    Kontrol S2, Maschine Mk1, APC 40
    Retired: VCI-100 Arcade (Signed #198/300))
    BFM 10x DR200 & 10x Titan 39