My current set up is:

Macbook
    KRK Studio Monitors
    M-Audio Venom Synth
    Novation Twitch
    Novation Launchpad
    Ableton 8
    Traktor Pro 2.6

I was wondering what you musicians of DJTT think of my set up.

I do producing of my own material and tracks with limited to no sampling from other tracks.

Is there any gear in your opinion that I should add or take away that would help me? Any positive or negative feedback is welcomed.

Thank You!

***Im in the midst of moving into a new house, will add photos once the new set up is complete

I like it man! Do you use traktor and able ton hand in hand?
    Macbook 13" 4 gb ram, traktor pro 2.6, kontrol x1, Kontrol z2, kontrol f1, midi fighter spectra, midi fighter 3d,
    Text, let's talk about edm or mixing! 831-801-1774

Thank you for your feedback! I do use Ableton and Traktor hand in hand. I just had to sync Abletons midi clock to Traktor. So that Traktor is now hosting the master tempo allowing me to use the midi controllers in both programs at once.

I've been wanting to do this for a while, but I haven't figured out how I'd incorporate it into a set, how do you? I get the main idea of how someone would, but a little info would go a long way
    Macbook 13" 4 gb ram, traktor pro 2.6, kontrol x1, Kontrol z2, kontrol f1, midi fighter spectra, midi fighter 3d,

Theres quite a few different ways that I incorporate them into my set. Sadly this would take sooo long to explain. DJTT actually has an awesome article and video on ways to incorporate the two. Give it a look and if that doesnt help then I will be more then happy to fully explain how I utilize the two.

***I tend to find myself using Technique #1 quite often.

Im in need of some help. Im trading in some of my drum equipment today at guitar center and im wanting to get another addition to my setup. What are your thoughts on what I should add. Im open to anything just would like input on how you feel whatever you choose would help my setup. Thinking ill get somewhere around $200 for my equipment. I really dont want to spend any extra coin if possible.

***Need input today if possible

Quote Originally Posted by cpetticrew View Post
    Im in need of some help. Im trading in some of my drum equipment today at guitar center and im wanting to get another addition to my setup. What are your thoughts on what I should add. Im open to anything just would like input on how you feel whatever you choose would help my setup. Thinking ill get somewhere around $200 for my equipment. I really dont want to spend any extra coin if possible.

***Need input today if possible
    Hey man. Always lurking the forums during school lol,
    I brought my midi fighter in and they lowball bad, like they will give you 35-65 % of the value based on condition, which isnt really much. I ended up using Craigslist and getting a little extra coin.

Same here except im working lol I know they usually low ball pretty bad. One of my buddies is a manager there so I usually dont get the shaft as bad as others do. I know I could still get more off of craigslist or ebay. I think I mainly use Guitar Center for the fact I dont have to mess around with shipping and sketchy ass people plus theres no waiting period. I def. appreciate the insight though